ANZAC Day 2022 - game review

An ‘honorable loss’. Unfamiliar territory for this lot.

6 Likes

This game he couldn’t.

It’s his second game.

Gave a good fight.
Looked better.
I’m ok with this.

One thing I need to critique is the stand rule… if Hind runs off to the free man , basically running away from the mark and having no impact on the player with the ball, what’s the problem?

I’m sure I’ve seen players do this before and even leave the player with the ball completely by himself.

1 Like

I wonder if Xavier might send Clarko a friendly little text message tonight? Just to say hi.

2 Likes

I think it’s become abundantly clear that Essendon’s best football in its current state, whatever that is, might not be enough to win most weeks… and that’s really, really depressing.

The cupboard looks bare.

4 Likes

We are never going to see success ever people have to accpet it

3 Likes

Season over, play the kids.

We played better today, Draper, Martin, Durham, Waterman were good. We have something to work with but just not in 2022.

They did that cause Parish sustained an injury.

1 Like

He is the epitome of mediocrity and sums up perfectly why we are a gutless rabble.

1 Like

Yeah but I wouldn’t be playing him until he’s got a run of consistent twos form. And even then.

He’s not looking AFL ready. Miles off

Don’t hold your breath lol

1 Like

And how many of our free kicks resulted in goals like the 5 or six they got? Numbers aren’t the important thing, where they are given is, and those ■■■■■■ looked for reasons to pay Collingwood frees in the forward line and not to pay us for the same. Not one free kick inside our forward 50 that I can remember. Maybe you could highlight all the ones we got within goal scoring range for me.

3 Likes

Well said Nino. Us supporters need to wake up and stop accepting the crap.

MacRae said it best the other week, when he said that honourable losses mean nothing

4 Likes

STFU about lifting intensity or wee looked batter etc

That’s minimum standard to bring….every week.

We just got schooled by a team we were comfortably better than last year.

Massive, massive steps backward this club.

30 Likes

I can see Perkins and Martin wanting out in a year or two.

2 Likes

Def got a bit stuffed by the umpiring. But still. We weren’t good enough to win either

3 Likes

Burn the whole joint down and start again in Tassie.

1 Like

Agree but not in that order

2 Likes

Five years ago we had a great forward line, ordinary midfield. Screaming for an inside mid, didn’t trade for one. Arguably still don’t truly have one. Now we have a decent midfield an no forward line. Collingwood aren’t the best team but have better balance than us.

We are suffering mostly from poor recruitment in my opinion. Had a gutful of this mediocrity. Do we even work on skills? If Draper could kick he’d be a star. But he can’t. Why?

Sick of doing a vessel each week. ■■■■ this rabble.

I thought we’d lose by 10 goals

1 Like