ANZAC Day build up and changes

Play the same team this week.

Next week rest players galore against the dees.
Out: Parish, Goddard, McGrath, Bellchambers, Hurley anyone else sore
Ins: Clarke, Redman, Langford, Leuneberger, Brown,

Was gonna say the same thing, but with daniher in tbe ruck.
Stewart is too important in the forwardline at present, despite not getting alot of ball haha.

The only issue with that is, daniher is a ball watcher, so grundy may tear him up around the ground.

Id almost be tempted to start belly forward , just for a but of a shock to collingwood, and tell them to just aim it at belly for the first 10 mins.

Anybody got access to spare tickets they’re not using? Will pay $

The positive is that we have good options for ruck / forward. Giving the three of them a good run at training rotating through ruck and forward duties would be useful. With the mids involved to all three.

2 Likes

Don’t forget they have just a 6 day break after the Demons too, against the Hawks - 3 games over 11 days!! All very winnable, especially with the Hawks unlikely to have Rioli and Puopolo available vs. us.

Also I really worry about the Dees game, just like last year. We were right with them (and should’ve been 4 goals up at HT, if not for Joes woeful kicking that day) and then completely stopped in the 2nd half (8gl to 2 3rd Q). The Dees will have an extra 20hrs rest over us - doesn’t sound like much, but that is one extra sleep (when the body does the majority of its muscle repair) and that is a huge benefit on such a short break then playing on a hard/fast ground in Etihad.

1 Like

What if Collingwood are saying the same thing though?

I’m worried that despite us “wanting it more” they might “bring the intensity” and give it “100%”.

What if both sides are equally “hungry for the contest”.

Then it’ll be a ripper contest and the better skilled team will win. Which a fair judge would say is us.

1 Like

i been hungry all my life.

2 Likes

Good point - if intensity and pressure from both sides is equal, Bombers should get up, based on skill level, especially by foot. Pies are still an ordinary kicking side, and the wet in Adelaide last week bought Pies right into it. On a dry deck, Adelaide’s better kicking would’ve made it a much closer contest. At this stage, the long-term forecast appears that Anzac Day is sitting between two cold fronts (wet both weekends) - AT THIS STAGE, and it should be a dry game.

are we watching the same team this year?

7 Likes

I’m comparing Essendon’s known kicking ability vs. C’woods kicking ability. Even when C’wood are playing well, they are not a great kicking side.

Confirmed; Ambrose, One match sanction Redman a fine.

So, does the VFL game on Saturday constitute serving the one match ban, then making him available for Anzac Day Wednesday ???

Patrick Ambrose – Essendon

AFL Victoria’s Match Review Panel charged player Ambrose for engaging in rough conduct (dangerous tackle) against Williamstown player Adam Marcon during the second quarter of the VFL Round 2 match between Williamstown and Essendon on Saturday 14th April 2018 at Williamstown Football Ground.

Based on the available video and medical report, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with medium impact and high contact. The incident was classified as a two match base sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a one match sanction.
Outcome – accepted one match sanction

Mason Redman – Essendon
AFL Victoria’s Match Review Panel charged player Redman for striking Williamstown player Michael Gibbons during the third quarter of the VFL Round 2 match between Williamstown and Essendon on Saturday 14th April 2018 at Williamstown Football Ground.

Based on the available video and medical report, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact and body contact. The incident was classified as a one match base sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a $600 fine and a reprimand.

Outcome – accepted $600 fine and a reprimand

1 Like

That would be funny if he serves VFL suspension then plays anzac day…

Looks like its a bit of a loophole.

It would be based on what the corresponding rounds are wouldn’t it? I would be thinking that R3 of VFL corresponds to R5 in the AFL (we also play the Pies this Saturday).

But what you’re effectively saying is that he will miss TWO games…

I don’t get it.

1 Like

can people stop broadcasting my secret technique to getting anzac day tix? thanks.

2 Likes

booooooo :slight_smile:

Didn’t think the 4th quarter in that Melbourne game was that bad. The 3rd quarter had me tearing my hair out. Must have been close to Essendon’s worst 2017 quarter of football.