ANZAC Day build up and changes

Nope. It’s all about beating the Pies.

It doesn’t matter whether it’s our best or worst team that lines up against the Dees because we will play like absolute crap like we usually do.

3 Likes

We’ve all had a laugh with the Sidebottom vids.

However if I have to see another one of that tiprat licking his chops against us it should be a banning offence.

3 Likes

You may laugh, but me:

8 Likes

Would definitely be open to Clarke coming in for Begs.

3 Likes

What’s the bet Dane Swan somehow manages to kick 5 goals from the Sportsbet twitter account.

9 Likes

Wouldn’t worry about the player loads for this week, must must beat the pies.

Rest half of the against Melbourne. Bring in Brown, Ambrose, Clarke, Mutch, Ridley, Langford, Lav and whoever else we can get in against Melbourne.

1 Like

Melbourne have their own demons to exorcise at the moment. Their effort or lack of against the Dawks will have left them in complete doubt. If they can’t bounce back with a strong showing against the Tiges, they will go crawling back into their shells, only to re-emerge once the snow season starts. In other words the status quo will be maintained, they will fold up quicker than a dodgy suitcase.

1 Like

This will be a very interesting game.
Unfortunately, i think if it rains we won’t win.
I’ve watched collingwood closely over the last few weeks and their pressure and ball use has been very good.
I’m always weary of teams that are playing very well and that have a long injury list.
Collingwood probably would of defeated the giants too if not for their injuries.

This will be a very tough game. It is also our first game at the G. The team may struggle to defend on it as we have been playing on smaller grounds. (etihad / perth)
HOWEVER, our record last year at the G was 5-2.
one of those losses coming against the tigers and the other carlton in the rain.

Even though i’m not sure on our chances. If we come out and apply pressure we have the talent to beat anyone.

I remember it ■■■■■■■ rain last year as Franga slotted one from about 45 off a few steps

Fk that was good

13 Likes

black ops plan?

Out-Work
In-Fozdog

Dawn Service, Pots and two up, followed by the Game.

4 Likes

Anywhere play a decent game of two up around town?

if it rains, it’ll be a horrible game to watch as both sides are poorly skilled mostly to begin with.

Before last weeks games, i’d have said we should be slight favs, but they came out and brought the pressure against the crows.

Really is a 50 50 this one. but ■■■■ please no to rain, that is just to much to inflict on both sets of fans.

Did you see the way the Pies played against the Crows in the rain? If it rains they will slaughter us.

1 Like

Good sides are able to adjust to play well in all conditions. Just like winning interstate.
We need to think and be smart about how to play well in the rain.

2 Likes

we should probably train wit a wet ball then…they have enough trouble hanging on to when its dry so they need all the help they can get

Does anybody know when the team or initial squad is likely to be named?

My guess is squad of 26 on Sunday, cut to 22 on Monday. But that is just based on Sunday games. Does anyone recall what usually happens for the Anzac Day game?

1 Like

Yep.
Week off for Begs, back in for Dees, re-appraise after that.

I was thinking this too. But what if Raz is out?

LAV

2 Likes