ANZAC Day build up and changes

What happened to your optimism?

3 Likes

But we still have by my count 2-3 unexpected exciting wins to enjoy against better opposition in the second half of the year.

1 Like

For once purple says something good about us. I agree.

Smith, Daniher, Stringer, Fantasia, Stewart, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Green. Potentially the most dynamic attacking set-up in the comp.

Compare the attacking power with Collingwood. If we can perform OK against the Pies midfield we have the advantage in scoring power and the Pies defence is not great.

1 Like

Long lives

Very nice truck WOB

OUT: Raz (inj)
IN: Jerrett

That’s all it’ll be IMO

Sucks to lose him and hurts us but our injury list is probably still far better off than Pies so no excuses.

Fkn win!

2 Likes

I’d rather bring in Langford or Clarke and push Smith forward more.

5 Likes

No raz kills us. Him being there free up Tippa to play higher up the ground.

Massive loss

The midfield mix worked really well last week. Smith has been one of our best mids for the whole season. His pressure has been immense.

I doubt they will be making any moves to take him out of there, could even see him run with Sidebottom given he is an aerobic beast.

Jerrett is nowhere near Raz’s level but can fill the role of pressure small fwd and knows where the goals are also. Best we have got in reserve right now, as Long had been injured IIRC.

Not alot in reserve then.

Smith needs to play midfield and play in 90% of the game. He is our best mid, cant have him sitting in the forward line

1 Like

and that is why we lose.

I was semi-confident this week. Going to be a nice enough day, dry, wider MCG which should suit out switch and run style. Thought we changed our plan enough against Port to say we can win more games.

Its stupid but with Raz out, I’ve turned the other way. Just reckon he is so important to our structure that him being out deprives us of a quick skillful player who can play forward or mid and free up tippa and add another dimension to the midfield

Ha! We aren’t going to lose by having a quick nobody small fwd in to play a specific role. Tigers showed the way there.

If we lose it’s because our midfield failed to fire against theirs and Langford or 1st gamer Clarke taking Smiths spot won’t help that cause.

Every team has to play their depth at times. Pies are doing so also with a lot more first choice players out than us.

In this case if it occurs it’s an experienced player whose done the role before at AFL level & also played ANZAC day before.

I had Raz as the one to don the hero cape on Wednesday, so who’s it going to be now??

I think Tippa will don the Hero cape and kick 5 goals in a match winning performance.
Z Merrett wil be unlucky missing anzac medal with 37 possies.
And Myers will get votes in the Nobby with a 29 possession game and a long goal.

1 Like

Joe

Edit: But I expect to see a very big game from Zach

Is he confirmed out?

2 Likes

If Raz misses we could select another small back, release mcgrath into the midfield and rotate zaka/smith/parish/notMyers thru HFF. Or replace with LAV. Need to pull 2 players from the vfl game.

$50 in a cab gets you just about out of the airport. Just about.

2 Likes