ANZAC Day build up and changes

Awesome setup WOB - safe trip buddy.

Yeah…has he not seen our goal kicking of recent times.

1 Like

Thats an appalling thing to say.
You have just managed to insult both of them.
Firstly Jackson was already on our list prior to Zach.
Secondly do you seriously think Zach cant cope without his big brother?

8 Likes

We’re a weird mob. Earn your spot we say. Reward good form we say. Well Jacko has earned a spot with good form but because he’s not a kid he shouldn’t get a chance?

It’s pretty ordinary behaviour tbh.

15 Likes

It’s not ordinary for people to say that they’d prefer someone else in the team. It’s just some of the other comments along with it that leave a bit to be desired.

2 Likes
1 19 Elliot Kavanagh Western Jets TAC Cup Essendon
2 31 Jackson Merrett Geelong Falcons TAC Cup Essendon
3 59 Nicholas O’Brien North Ballarat Rebels TAC Cup Essendon
4 75 Stewart Crameri (Rookie promotion) Essendon

what could’ve been.

also ■■■■ that draft where gws had 10 of the first 15 picks

Doesn’t there come a point in time though when you have simply had enough chances?
By all reports had a good game against a team of buckled wheels in round 1 but was hardly mentioned last week.
I hope he does well but I wouldn’t complain if another kid was given a crack

4 Likes

Also Saladin favourite kav got the boot quite quickly.

That, is a decent comment.
Let’s not confuse it with trash-talk and insults.

1 Like

Wasn’t it absolutely attrocious weather?

The players who were noted mainly were inside mids as to be expected.

2 Likes

surely he has had enough chances to cement a spot in the side over the years and he hasn’t grabbed them. I would much rather we play a guy who has more of a future long term with the side.

Apart from a bit of speed, I’m not sure what else he brings to the team.

2 Likes

It was from all reports.

He did have 7 tackles, so he was working.

Having said that, are they generous with the counting of tackles in VFL games? The counts often seem high. On the weekend it was 120 to 115 (our way)

Like i said though, he shouldn’t even be on the list. not cos he isn’t a kid, just because he isn’t that good, he has failed with every other oppotunity, he doesn’t fix any need we have, and if anything, he’s a good vfl player, some guys are that, nothing wrong with that, they shouldn’t be picked for afl footy though.

it’s an actual sad endictment on our club, that a player like him is still on the list after SEVEN years. seven ■■■■■■■ years.
the epitome of what this club is, keeping around “nice good guys” who can’t actually play footy, but we should reward them cos they are nice.

At least we know you wouldn’t have lasted long

2 Likes

Fixed.

Won’t be that bad I reckon, … given that most Flog fans will be leaving around 3/4 time …

1 Like

So we can only replace a fwd with a fwd ?
we can’t try any other player up the ground, or in defence, and push another guy up the ground ?

The only option we have to replace raz, in your eyes is Jerrett ? our depth is pretty ■■■■ and ■■■■■■ if that is the only option you can come up with.

Mckenna came out and we replaced him with na onballer didn’t they ? odd it’s like they tried something different, moved some other players around, and bam. but nah can only replace a fwd with a failed 7 yr forward.

JUST BRING IN CLARKE BECAUSE YOU KNOW ITS GONNA ■■■■ DOWN ON WEDNESDAY

6 Likes

But he has some very valid points. It’s now a churn and burn industry and we seem to have not cottoned on to this concept. If a player can’t become a regular by year 5 or 6 at worst then they simply have to be cut free. There comes a point in time where you have to cut your losses and give someone else a go.

2 Likes

Not to mention absolute tosh, as usual.

1 Like