ANZAC Day build up and changes

I agree. I actually agree completely with the first paragraph of his post. The rest is unnecessary horseshit

He was a regular player in 2013/14/15.
Then he fell out of favour.

Maybe you’re right. But the fact is he IS on our list thus IF form suggests he should get a run then he SHOULD.

5 Likes

The VFL release list suggests we’re holding back zero emergencies for ANZAC Day…

1 Like

Wouldn’t anyone who plays Saturday be still eligible for A Day game, … (other than the already established suspended Ambo) ??

Orrrr … :thinking:

Wouldn’t be NO you already played this Round …, would it??

With Raz & Colyer out injured, Long only just back from injury & Begley already in the team yes he is the next best option for a replacement fwd.

This is the point of depth. Reality is he’s about 4th in line & no one is saying otherwise. But even so he’s an experienced player who knows the game plan and has done the job before including on Anzac Day.

I personally think he can do what’s asked of him which is provide forward pressure firstly and get on the end of some goals also.

And a better option than playing McNeice and rejigging our defence & midfield again when it worked very well last week. Cohesion is something we struggled with over first 3 wks.

McGrath dropping back to McKenna’s spot was logical defensively, and also McGrath wasn’t getting it done in terms of spread off a wing which Guelfi knows how to do & it worked.

I’m sure the selection committee will pick the side they think will give us the best chance of winning. If it’s Jerrett then get behind him!

Would we play Jerrett ahead of long?

Not awesome until we smoke them muthafuckers…its not going to rain is it?
We are so toast!

1 19 Elliot Kavanagh
2 31 Jackson Merrett
3 59 Nicholas O’Brien
4 75 Stewart Crameri
So that was the 2011 draft where Patton was taken #1 and Ellis-Yolmen went with #64. Luckily the Crows recognised that some players take a bit longer as E-Y is contributing nicely.

a guy thats played 14 games? which happened in 2014-15?

edit: sorry 18 games.

Maybe took him awhile to quit the smokes?

I’m pretty sure there’s no restrictions on playing another game if it’s at a higher level

1 Like

I think he would have been gone last year but to replace him we would have been putting a kid on our list for two years that would have been most likely the last kid picked in the draft.

They clearly thought it was a better strategy to keep him on the list to give him a chance and if he can’t break into the side cut him and replace him with a kid out of this stringer draft.

I’m a fan of rewarding good form and Jackson is playing well and has for a while.

6 Likes

Go through the picks between Kav! and Jerrett.
They’re almost all ■■■■.

I mean more the 15 picks before kav. that gws got.

I think so, don’t think Long has played (suspension) for a bit.

I think they’re both a bit crap but Jerrett has some match practice.

Sumner!!
Buntine!
Longer!

What might have been.

imagine drafting devon smith!

I decided to have a look at the history of the ANZAC day results. Particularly the three rounds where the ANZAC game is the middle game. I split it into looking at form when we won and form when we lost.

Overall the the score card is

• EFC 9 (1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2013, 2017)
  • Col 13 (All other years post 1995)
  • Drawn 1 (1995)

Of the 9 years EFC has won, 7 of those have included a win in the round either side ( ie 2 wins in a row with ANZAC being one). Of those 7, 4 have been part of 3 wins in a row. Not a bad form guide when we win it.

Of the 13 years EFC has lost, 10 of those have been 2 losses in a row. Of those 10, 5 have been 3 losses in a row. Only 3 times of the 13 have we won either side of an ANZAC day loss. A pretty good guide to poor form when we lose it.

NB The winning/losing streak(s) could have been longer but I didn’t look that far back or forward. I was purely interested in ANZAC day as a micro form guide.

NB I didn’t put any time into analysing the number of day’s break between games either side. Collingwood and EFC would be affected the same given the days break is the same leading into the match. The interesting part would be the following round. That can be for another time though.

1 Like

I agree. I reckon if his form warrants it give him a crack

1 Like