ANZAC Day build up and changes

Copied this from BF. Apologies if it’s already been posted… (very funny that filter blocked out s n a t c h)

“Shaw’s review for this week was very good. Apparently McGrath and Stephenson have history. “

“Treloar v Merrett or Heppell v Pendlebury? Doubt it. NO, folks, you want to be on the Jaidyn Stephenson v Andrew McGrath match up. Last year NAB Rising Star versus last week’s 5 goal Rising Star nomination. They have serious history.

The date is September 2016. TAC Cup Elimination Final. Eastern Ranges (Stephenson) v Sandringham Dragons (McGrath). Stephenson cuts loose on Dragons full back Ari Sakeson. He has 3 goals to half time and kicks his 4th early in the 3rd quarter. He is the difference! Dragons move McGrath onto Stephenson. Stephenson no more goals and only one HB in the last quarter. Dragons come from behind to ■■■■■■ victory by 2 points. Stephenson 4 goals in basically a half of football. McGrath 29 possessions and 7 clearances. McGrath is the year older, Stephenson taller. This is the match up I’d pay to see! It’s going to happen.”

1 Like

If Jerrett doesn’t play this week, under what circumstances will he ever play again, and why then did we keep him another year.

McGrath 7 months older, 10cm shorter, 3kg heavier + 1 more preseason.

If he could take him a 18 months ago, should be able to take him now, unless Stephenson grew 10cm during the last 18 months.

they also had 9 players out of their side, 3-4 midfielders, but yeah, he’s coming along nicely cos they are forced to play him cos of injuries.

I’ve always thought keeping Jerrett another year, and having him as one of three mandatory list changes this year if he doesn’t come good, made a lot more sense than getting rid of him last year when we had enough retirees and weren’t getting in to a supposed shallow draft until late.

2 Likes

Crows delisted and rookied Ellis Yolmen…

1 Like

Killer Mike explained it pretty well I thought.

1 Like

I remember reading in the age years ago about a professional punter who built a career betting against Collingwood in the 80s and 90s because their fans always threw the odds out.

2 Likes

Where’s the team

2 Likes

On a short break.

Don’t worry though, … they’ll be back before A Day, … ::wink:

Where’s WOB?

2 Likes

At The Royal.

Somewhere between Eucla and Cactus Beach/ Ceduna I’d reckon.

Last seen in Coolgardie 24hrs ago.

one can only hope that the afl game is as close as the current vfl game. so sick of watching these games and getting belted, with the game being over early

Spoke to a senior player at the VFL and i asked how Fanta was.

‘A bit sore’ he said

Was it Fanta?

1 Like

BURN THE WITCH.

If the AFL game goes like the VFL one…

1 Like

Well yes… .obviously, we don’t want it to end that way. Looks away sheepishly.

1 Like

WOB is getting closer

27 Likes