ANZAC Day build up and changes

Sorry man. But on the positive, I had Goldy as Supercoach skipper so 400+ points.

1 Like

you monster.

Fair call. Just think that Belly will get exposed in the form that Grundy is in and the way he covers the ground.

1 Like

Reserves just finished training and main group out on the oval now

4 Likes

Keep the info coming. You have cast yourself in the reporter role now.

1 Like

I’m trying to think, who’s missing from our best 22? I have Hartley/Ambrose much of a muchness, but I’d say just Gleeson and Fanta? Colyer again 50/50

gleeson and fanta, so…

No excuses!!!

LAV don’t @me

McKenna

4 Likes

So what about the rumour Tippa is injured/sore ?

Pretty casual so far. Just a few light drills to warm up. TBell not joining in.

No sign of Devon Smith yet. Everyone else out there.

Edit: TBell is joining in now.

1 Like

The 2’s finished off with a goal kicking comp from about 45 metres out on about a 45 degree angle. Accuracy generally seemed pretty good.
Seemed to be teams with each team heckling the other kickers as they had a shot.
Clarke kicked the winning goal at the end.
His other shot earlier hit the post

3 Likes

He’s out there with strapping on a knee. Doesn’t look to be moving great but he’s doing all the drills

Devon is made for ANZAC Day. I can only assume he is being pre-fitted for the medal.

11 Likes

It’s not that you have an opinion, it’s that your opinion is perplexing to say the least…

If you think TBell can’t go with Grundy, and perhaps he can’t, you can be damn ■■■■■■■ sure that Turnip McKernan can’t go with him either! The suggestion that he would be a better option demonstrates a clear lack of understanding for the game and McKernans abilities/limitations.

2 Likes

Mckernan would win the Anzac Day medal if he played, he’s good for a pull that kinda game out ya ■■■■ once in a while.

4 Likes

You know nothing of me, nor my understanding of the game. Does McKernan cover the ground better then Belly? Yes. Thats all I was trying to say, so keep your condescending comments to yourself.

Very light session as expected. They’re mostly back in the sheds now.
All the emergencies trained.
McKenna joined in for a little while.
Smith was a no show so hopefully he’s just inside.

Tippa does still look a bit proppy. I’d be surprised if he plays Sunday.

No sign of Fanta.

I think that’s all.

Edit: Franga did a few laps after the 2’s finished training. He seemed enthusiastic and enjoying himself for the last 15 or 20 minutes of the 2’s training that I saw

20 Likes

So what he covers the ground better than TBell, there’s a lot more to competing in the ruck than just covering the ground and McKernan would get soundly beaten in all facets.
Last year McKernan played round one and took McEvoy to the cleaners because McEvoy is a big lumbering ruckman that just rolls from contest to contest and uses his bulk in the one on one ruck duals. Mckernan was able to get off him around the ground and have an impact.

Roll on Round 2 and he was up against Stef Martin who’s more athletic both around the ground and in the ruck and follows up his work at ground level. He absolutely smashed McKernan and single handed dragged Brisbane back into the game because McKernan couldn’t compete in the ruck and had no advantage around the ground.

Grundy is bigger, smarter, more athletic, follows up at ground level equally as well as Mckernan can and is in the best form of his career…

He would obliterate McKernan.

3 Likes

Cool… I also think Smack is better at ground level. Anyhow, lets just get the win… whoever plays. :slight_smile: