ANZAC Day build up and changes

Correct

2 Likes

not quite.

I truly hope so.

I’m always very pessimistic on ANZAC day.

The filth have absolutely owned us in the last 10+ with some absolute hammerings in there.

It’s about time we started to return the favour. 2003 style(I think our only 10+ goal win on ANZAC day)

1 Like

Talking to a collingwood fan today

He said pies win because we will struggle to contain their mosquito fleet and our defence is too tall. Also said their midfield is far superior. Said that pendles/sidebottom/trealor will be too good.

thoughts?

Primary thought - he’s an idiot

16 Likes

The sad thing is, when we get done by 4 goals and some pleb like Murray wins the Anzac Medal, we’ll have to deal with the media pumping up the Pies for a flag.

2 Likes

In an ideal day for Collingwood, he may be right.

But that’s like me saying it’s most likely going to be dry, Collingwoods backline is too small and they won’t be able to contain our tall forwards. In an ideal day for Essendon, I may be right.

Hopefully the Collingwood playing list thinks the same way as this person!

Love to see Joey float across the front of him and pick it out of the air at the highest point of his leap dwarfing Howes attempt.

2 Likes

Collingwood are a fast team but I don’t think they match up to the true mosquito fleet of Tippa, Saad, McGrath, Smith, and Green + even Zerrett and Jerrett have a bit of pace about them. This game regardless will come down to defensive pressure.

That can only be a good thing should we lose, simply setting them up for a fall.

Lazy Yaks going down like a treat at the Adelaide Virgin lounge, flight delayed by 10 minutes so still another 30 minutes to knock back a couple more

17 Likes

He makes some worthy points from his sides POV, … I think we can counter a fair bit of their plusses though.

I really think this is a 50/50 thing and will likely be a cracker with 2 or 3 goals in it, and may well be won or lost in the coaches box, … and/or Hepp getting his DE up around 70% plus for the first time this year.

1 Like

Let me get this straight. You have lazy yaks going down on you in a lounge specifically for virgins. You are a very strange man, and Adelaide is a very strange place. That sort of thing would be illegal here.

12 Likes

This would be, the saddest part, no need to add more.

I’m at the G for the pre Anzac Day game - getting some more liquid courage in for tomorrow. Lots of flog Pies supporters out.

Perfect tonic for someone nursing a knee injury.

“Medium (40%) chance of morning drizzle, then a dry, partly cloudy afternoon. Light winds.”

BRING. IT. ON.

2 Likes

Yep, … shaping up to be a perfect day for footy.

No rain, very little wind, … not too hot, not too cold, … right in the “Goldilocks Zone”

1 Like

The no excuses zone. I hate that zone.

5 Likes

Beggars can’t be choosers :rofl:

1 Like