ANZAC Day clash. Changes, previews etc

This fixture is always a massive moment in the season’s of both clubs. This year it gives us an opportunity to go to 3-1 and create some solid momentum for our campaign. I reckon after a slight lull in mental application that we will really be up for it against the Pies who I don’t think are in contention for the serious stuff in September like us.
Changes? Who deserves their chance? Who will cut that mangy dog Dane Swan out of it this year for a change?

Not as confident as I was before this week’s game. But the last time we played the Pies we smashed them convincingly. Maybe we had a bit of a down game after a big first two games. Surely the occasion will get the players up and about and at our best we are a 10 goal better side than the Pies. If we dish up Saturday’s stuff then we’ll be in big trouble. We’ve lost more than we’ve won in Anzac Day clashes in the last decade. Time to make up for that now. Looks like a showery, cold day for ANZAC Day at this stage so skills need to be 100%.

Ins: HAMS, Maybe Dempsey

Out: Cooney, Maybe Howlett

If it is wet stoppage work becomes even more important.

IN: HAMS

Melksham will go to Swan one expects.

Dempsey will come in for Cooney. Will he intetesting to see if Ashby gets named.

What is Collingwood’s defence like? I’m expecting a big one from Joey.

Oh, and Jobe will win the medal.

We will bounce back after yesterday’s poor performance.
Dempsey in for Cooney should be the only change.
Give Ashby a full game.
We need to at least break even in the clearances, so T-bell needs to have a good one.

Us by 5-6 goals if we bring our pressure from the first 2 rounds.

Really really hope we win.

We owe these druggies.

I’ve heard some people suggest bringing Giles in. I like this idea of stretching Collingwood’s defence… especially if its a dry day.
In: giles. Dempsey
out: cooney ashby (not because of form).

Giles needs to be definite in to give TBC some support as I recon he’s struggling a bit as our No. 1 ruckman.

in: Dempsey and either giles or mckernan
out.cooney and ashby

if howlett isn’t 100% then Edwards comes in aswell

joe should be just a permanent forward

I've heard some people suggest bringing Giles in. I like this idea of stretching Collingwood's defence.. especially if its a dry day. In: giles. Dempsey out: cooney ashby (not because of form).

Current forecast for Saturday is cold & wet.

I've heard some people suggest bringing Giles in. I like this idea of stretching Collingwood's defence.. especially if its a dry day. In: giles. Dempsey out: cooney ashby (not because of form).

Current forecast for Saturday is cold & wet.

Might be a good idea; to try and expose their inexperienced and undersized defence

I recognise we want to give TBell support but I wouldn’t want to take away any more running power or speed from the side. For me that means we go solo with TBell and hopefully get improved effort around the stoppages.

You don’t mess with winning form and bar 20 minutes we would be 3-0… so something is going well.

Out: Cooney
In: Dempsey

Line Up
FB: Baguley Hooker Fletcher
HB: Dempsey Hurley Hibberd
C: Goddard Heppell Melksham
HF: Chapman Carlisle Zaharakis
FF: Colyer Daniher Ambrose
R: Bellchambers Watson Stanton
Int: Z Merrett, Howlett, Ashby
Sub: Gleeson

Giles sub? Or do we want a runner? Though so far predicted as 14 and raining

Giles ain’t playing, especially if it’s Soggy- We’d be more top heavy than Dolly Parton in a Concrete Bra.

Most likely scenario is Hams/Dempsey for Ashby/Cooney

Demps for coondog, thats it

It’s gonna be soggy, so
In: Demps Hamms(sub)
Out:Coons, Ashby(full run in the 2s will do him no harm, no form issue here)

Seems that most people have it a given that Dempsey comes in, does his form warrant his inclusion?