ANZAC Day Review thread

Here’s a weird thing from the AFL:

How can Zerret possibly be at the bottom and Jack Crisp at the top?

1 Like

Hale Bopp - Der Dritte Raum

1 Like

Great to see the win. The forward line of HD, Hooker, Raz, Walla and Green really showed what it could do. I was annoyed whenever Hooker got switched back. Hurley got back a bit of his mojo, although still a lot to improve. Zerrett did his usual. McNeice seemed neat and had one ‘woah’ kick to Daniher. Didn’t really notice Brown, Ambrose or their men (much). McGrath was great.

Can the media stop crapping on about Collingwood’s missed chances?!? Sure, they had one more scoring shot than us. But only because our OOB kicks aren’t counted. We had at least four. Both sides missed some gettable shots, but only one pulled a few out of their butts. And it wasn’t Essendon. We thouroughly beat them.

Generally, outside of a ten minute stint in the second and a little of the third, I thought we were better all day. But DKP does have a point - it wasn’t a stellar standard. A number of players had some terrible disposal, and/or struggled to get into the game. Stanton, Colyer and Bags (for 3 quarters) were all pretty shocking. Franga was great until he ran out of steam. Zaharakis wasn’t great. Watson had a number of howlers. I generally deplored our kicking from behinds all day.

If we could improve our transition play a touch it would be great. It’s currently a strength, but when we turn it over while transitioning fast we can be really hurt the other way. As we were against Adelaide.

3 Likes

I’m amazed anyone that’s been here for more than a year bothers to actually read DKP’s posts, … seriously!

You must be bl00dy masochists or something, … or don’t have a mouse with a scroll wheel yet.

Any ranking method that didn’t have Joe at the top today might need to reconsider its methods. He was clearly the most important poster on the ground.

1 Like

Is that the Collingwood-Essendon Combined footy tipping comp?

Geez Zaka actually got in the negatives.

I don’t know what that is, but it can get ducked.

Did Crisp even play?

4 Likes

Forgot to mention we may be the cause of Buckley’s sacking.Please stay Bucks, please.

2 Likes

Girlfriend, sister, ex girlfriend, brother of 12 months distance, best friend, second best friend, mum when she’s not barracking for Richmond and won’t choose between Dons Pies, ■■■■■■■ priest if I ever visited him. Suck ■■■■

Also Collingwood girlfriend “That Daniher’s cute” In the storied history of the great Daniher family, probably a rare one from a Pies fan. Have to admit, he’s pretty cute

Hoping for gif of Daniher continuous looping double twirl at some point

3 Likes

EFC VFL taking care of some business too. Love coming late to this

Highlights for me:

• Chemistry between Joey and Hooker-with-a-■■■■■ (also other forwards) took a step in the right direction.
  • Bear’s mojo rising.
  • Pigeon looking like a seasoned pro.
  • Good even performance, 6 players could have won the Medal.
  • If Jobe hit a wall, I’d hate to see what the wall looks like.
  • Woosha’s press conference in which he said our performance was not good enough.
  • Tons of improvement left in the squad.

Spoke incredibly well in the post match presser, … he’s just all round so fkn impressive.

He sounded like a Captain, & I wondered that he might never get the chance, but I’m sure he’d be a good one. Perhaps in 5 years or so.

3 Likes

Are the AFL persisting with that Player Ratings crap? It’s sucked ever since they started it.

1 Like

That was me, cheers, it certainly looked that way.

Funnily enough, the only other time I can remember Goddard playing a negating role was the final game of 2015, where he also tagged Pendlebury. And also tagged him well.

2 Likes

So you’re a glass half full kind of guy then?

2 Likes

So much this

So ■■■■■■ obvious

So ■■■■■■ frustrating

1 Like

McGrath - up till now - the only Brighton Grammar student ever to play in their senior team by year 9.

Another young kid has just repeated the feat - an old friend of mine’s son - WSPHU

5 Likes

So true and so sad
Media are vultures and prey on the misery of others - as we all know so well