ANZAC Day Review thread

Got the replay on the IQ. Going to shut the blinds, turn the lights off, light some candles, take some shard, put the replay on and get alittle freaky

6 Likes

For sure. In addition, there was plenty of sloppiness and poor decision making going forward and turning the ball over at times, sometimes due to a wet ball, sometimes not. We really need to clean that up. Kicks getting smothered by the man on the mark also. I really hope these kinks get ironed out in the next month.

6 more hours until I can leave this shithole and I’ll be doing the same thing.

RAZ

2 Likes

The barista at my local cafe heard me talking about the game. Got a free coffee because she barracks for the Bombers too. We were high fiving each other.

Just keeps getting better and better.

33 Likes

This is the offical AFL player ratings based on all the stats (metres gained, clangers, 1%, hairstyle, favourite colour, blah blah blah)

All things that Woosha is well aware of, has mentioned and will be working on to alleviate.The team is very much a work in progress at this point in time, and our ladder position reflects where we are in terms of our development. It is gratifying to see the younger players, not only coming through, but now leading the way. they have taken over the baton.

3 Likes

Didn’t notice it much on the TV but at half time I went for a drive and put on the ABC. Those guys sounded depressed and almost panicked that Collingwood wasn’t in front. All they farking talked about. After the game for the drive home, same thing. All about what’s wrong with Collingwood and what are they going to do. Have to admit, I kind of like it. It’s like beating two enemies at once.

4 Likes

Its been hard to hear anything about us at all.

I’m sure the footy shows will all be centred on Bucks.

P.s Only two sleeps until footy is back on.

Was wrapped to get a win on ANZAC day. I thought our transition from back to forward and our ability to convert forward 50 entries is what won it for us. Seems our forward line is dangerous once we get the ball into the forward 50.

I thought we fought harder to keep the ball in the forward 50 and was happy to see us match it with them in clearances.

I thought Francis was good early on but faded out (who didn’t see that coming). I thought what he offers is as good if not better than what The Langford brings to the team. I thought Pidgeon was excellent and except for the disastrous decision to bounce the ball, I thought Parish was good. Zerret had yet another fine match and seemed to get better as the game went on.

However, it was easy to see why Worsfold didn’t seem entirely pleased in his presser. Skill errors cost us and need to be corrected if we are to offer a serious challenge in September. We were beaten in inside 50’s yet again and we had periods where a team that we had control of was able dominate portions of the game. I’m very happy with Hooker playing forward but there were at least two of his kicks turned certain goals for us into scoring opportunities for the Pies. I also felt that a number of our center bounce wins were wasted by long bombs into the forward 50 that seemed always end up as an opposition mark.

There is a lot to like about us AND we are still working on team integration AND the returning players are still finding touch (was it just me or did Stanton look particulalry slow?). It does provide some real optimism about the 2nd half of the season.

4 Likes

Then either they’ve made a mistake, or their algorithms are all kinds of ■■■■■■.
Official AFL you say? Probably both.

Our kick outs yesterday had a big impact on the game.

We got stuck in our defensive 50 for the last 10 minutes of the 2nd quarter as Collingwood kicked a heap of behinds.
Hurley took most of the kick outs and went long and wide to the same spot, this made it so easy for Collingwood to defend. The ball came straight back in, I’m not sure if this is a set play or it is just for safety in the wet conditions but it played straight into Collingwood’s hands.
Woosha mentioned in the press conference that one of our issues was having prolonged times of the ball in our defensive 50 and not being able to clear the area. Our kick outs are adding to this.
In the third quarter Goddard took a kick out and hit up a shorter more dangerous target and we went coast to coast for a goal, not long after Zerret did the same thing for a coast to coast goal. I feel most confident with these 2 guys with the ball in their hands because not only do they have skills they take risks and hit up blokes in dangerous areas.
I think we need Goddard and Zerret to be taking a lot more kick out’s and to take more calculated risks, or at the very least we can come up with a better strategy then just long and wide to the same spot

11 Likes

Has lyn1 been back, or one of those who only turns up to complain about the coach when we lose?

4 Likes

Watching this was doing my head in.I don’t know what they were trying to achieve, but it clearly wasn’t working, and there appeared to be no attempt to change anything. Would have loved to see either a couple other options for him to kick to, or someone to take a crack at running it out of defense.

1 Like

This photo is amazing
http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/8471060-3x2-700x467.jpg

25 Likes

Careful, it’s a long way down from up there.

Probably drowning their sorrow on Collingwood website

1 Like

Just watching on the couch.

■■■■ jono brown’s a dinosaur.

2 Likes

Makes Danny from Droop St look like a screaming optimist.

1 Like

It has been an issue for quite some time. I agree having our best kicks taking some risks with attacking options to try to pierce through the press (as Zach and BJ did). I also think McGrath can be a weapon here - we have seen his ability as a junior to run the ball through the press with a chain of handballs. I think as he gets his confidence up and backs his run more, we will see him doing more of this. I hope so.

1 Like

Zerrett and Parish will be Sellwood/Danger combo good in one or two seasons time. Could both win brownlows

1 Like