ANZAC Day Review thread

Just opened a bottle of Shiraz. Great day after an early stay.
Great day for the club.

5 Likes

As if we haven’t known that for 15+ years.

2 Likes

Did I overrate Tippa? Thought he was our second best today, especially second half, was massive

15 Likes

I agree but he played a big last quarter. I hope this is a sign of form to come.

5 minutes to go, under pressure in the backline, McG takes ball, swats defender away “scuse me I have to wheel around you and deliver a safe bullet pass to a free player on the other side of the field” turns and does it with the composure of a 5 year player.

Tippa, just, Tippa, every time, pretty much lowered the pies entire team’s kicking effiency single handidly in the last two qtr’s, was everywhere.

Dat blind pick up tho. Tippa WOWeee.

Raz knows he has his man beat once the ball hit’s the deck, because of this they can’t even disagree when it happens, once in a generation player Raz and top 3 most important to our team, so lucky to have him, what pick was he again?

It’s the opposite now, when the team lifts Jobe lifts, came steaming off the HF line to completely overwhelm the pies midfield in the last qtr, played like a man possessed, threw himself everywhere.

Hepps covered more ground than I’ve seen a player do in bomber colours in a while, got to so many contests and kept his feet

Zerrett is that player you love to play with as a football player because he’s always nearby ready to support /give the ball off you and do something amazing with it, this guy epitomises team mate, would be leading brownlow at this point.

McNeice is a really good defender and that pace, THAT PACE. Was barely used because we had better options.

Bags horrid first half, became the reverse essington HB in that the pies kept kicking it to him in the last qtr

Zaka horrid first 3 qtr’s, seemed to wake up after Joe Dan kept showing everyone we should probably win the game

If Joe Danniher was paid proper free kicks they would be talking about this game for years where he blew the game apart (he did anyway), absolutely mauled by his opponents but just beat them with pure will and desire for the big game moments. Was our best by a country mile, that goal out of the ruck contest in the centre, amazing, best game for the club and reckon he’ll get better.

32 Likes

He was epic.

3 Likes

I didn’t think he (or anyone) was or could be that bad. I know I have certain issues but mate that pales in comparison to him

2 Likes

Cleaned things up a bit in the last and ran away with a deserved win. Wonderful effort but collingwood are far from a benchmark side. This group still had plenty of room to develope and imrove though.

Unnecessary errors still cost us opportunities and gave them opportunities far too often.

Francis showed glimpses but has a long way to go to stay involved in games.

Our stoppage work was probably the best it’s been all year against a side that had been very good in that area of the game. Very encouraging.

Small forwards were fantastic. I was frustrated with green at times but he really worked into it and took his opportunities

Epic performance by JD, a deserved medalist. Really liked hooker’s game too.

There were a few things/players that really bugged me but I’ll shelve that for now.

3 Likes

Oh I should say McGraths quality stands out like he was meant to be on the big stage. He gets better and more reliable every game.

9 Likes

I came a little in my pants.

So pumped with the win, finally football is ■■■■■■ good again, ■■■■ you saga, ■■■■ you AFL, ■■■■ you Vlad, ■■■■ Carlton and ■■■■ the pies. Everyone can go and get ■■■■■■, ■■■■ you all, Anzac day is ours.

I love Hird!

24 Likes

Bags was ■■■■■■■ amazing in the last qtr.

6 Likes

Leuenberger seemed to beat Grundy for mine.

9 Likes

Satisfyimg because it was 4 quarters and gusted out and hard fought. Good for all involved.

wow you can listen to senn afterwards and hear the pies fans ring up and complain?

this’ll be fun

Still not clean enough with our skills given how we’re trying to play , but a great win and the crucial moments were built on football basics. Much to like.

8 Likes

Bags seemed to be the designated spare in the last quarter, whereas before it had been Zaharakis.

Bags was much better in the role as at least he is prepared to get under high ball and mark it.

3 Likes

geez your a wanker

You are only marginally happy when we lose but downright miserable when we win.

17 Likes

THEY ALL TRY THEIR BEST, BUT THEY CAN’T GET NEAR

AS THE BOMBERS FLY UP!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

15 Likes

Yup, still too many errors, letting tackles slip, letting guys get clean hb’s from tackles (or throws, missed a few Htb did the umps).

Too many slow handballs in traffic, too many little fumbles which lead to possessions under pressure and turnovers, and still some plain bad decision makers.

But we won.

You are one seriously negative muppet. Not every silver lining has a cloud

6 Likes