ANZAC Day Review thread

Just accept that Bruce is a flog of the highest order, and you’ll be able to move on :wink:

3 Likes

AFL site has replay, or Youtube.

I was just shocked we got 1 go our way. What that highlighted is that there is little point having a review system without better technology to make it certain. The rule is that its the umpires call unless the video conclusively shows otherwise. In this case the umpire called touched. The video doesn’t confirm it was touched but there’s no clear space between hand & ball so you can’t say the video in conclusive either way. Ultimately it came down to the umpire, had he not heard or thought he saw a touch the video wouldn’t have proved it regardless. The best way to look at it is that’s been a point right or wrong for over 100 years. I don’t think technology is good enough yet to replace umpires all together but when it does…

The one I still don’t get after all these years is the review in its 1st year when I think it was Crameri snapped a goal against Geelong. The goal umpire was clearly walking to the middle of the goals, didn’t run to the post & was about to signal a goal. Jimmy Bartel screams at the ump that it hit the post & they call for a review…video inconclusive…POINT!!!

I don’t know who that bloke is in that video interview, but get him a life membership

1 Like

Does anyone have a GIF or vid of JoeDan getting into SideRectum after the ball went out of play at one stage?

Edit: Turns out Joffa was fully triggered by this. Had crownbet remove the post and they issued an apology.

2 Likes

Reckon that was Paul Little.

I think I’m the journalist game that’s called giving someone good copy.

I tweeted a few weeks ago that there is still a huge problem with inconsistency in application. Some players appeal for a review and get it, others don’t. It’s a disgrace.

Rock-a-by baby
On the tree top,
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock.
When the bough breaks,
The cradle will fall,
And down will fall baby
Cradle and all.

2 Likes

But you’ve gotta love the way he goes about it. Matey mate mate.

2 Likes

I feel brain matter eking out my ears when he talks.

2 Likes

It’s so good to stand with opposition supporters (grog squad) who won’t look at you like a mad man when you reference opposition players in the worst possible light, death, serious injury, and well 3/4 of the things said there I wouldn’t repeat in public. It’s brilliant, I wish I could be there every fkn week

1 Like

It’s a beautiful thing.

Try here: www.efc.16mb.com

3 Likes

This man speaks for me

5 Likes

Was hoping some ■■■■■■■■ common potato would’ve asked Wells had he ever played in front of as many supporters as on Anzac Day
His reply “well I was at North for 13 years so yeah it probably would’ve added up to about the same”

5 Likes

87,000?
I can’t believe they could have fit in another 10k+.
A bit weird.

Edit: And ten Hogwarts points for the first to blitz meme back at me.

Sigh. Fine.
It was full, just not to capacity.

5 Likes

Content not available… ?? Must have missed seeing whatever it was by minutes …