ANZAC Day Review thread

GET A BIG DOG UP YA

5 Likes

If you watch the replay - there was a point where he was going off his tree screaming “…ohhhh…ohhhh…Cox…oh…yeeeeesss!!!..”

I played it over and over, and was cracking myself up.
(yes, because I’m a child)

7 Likes

Re the goal review - I actually have a feeling that it wasn’t Zach that touched it but it was the next player with outstretched arms, Ambrose from memory.

I could be wrong but the ball looked like it was heading in the direction of Ambrose’s hands, problem is, whoever did the review never rolled the frames far enough forward to see.

Same stuff happens for hawks and Richmond games every week. Pretty annoying. I wish foxtel would bring back press red options to remove commentary and just ramp up crowd noise. Most of these commentators add nothing to what we see with our own eyes. Actually most of the time they are just plain annoying

5 Likes

I loved how good Francis was at the start of the game. Mcniece also did some really good things early that contributed to us getting the jump on them. Both really good contributors to the end result in context that we really needed to get the jump on them

2 Likes

10 Gold Stars for that man, summed it up for just about all of us I reckon.

By the looks interviewer loved it too.

2 Likes

Tippa was great, but Joey was the Officer (and a Gentleman) on the day.

The Daniher family would have been beaming. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is what you mean, while the media are focussed on “What’s wrong with the collywobbles” they are leaving us alone. Interesting because while we don’t get talked up much, that’s definitely preferable to being talked down.

1 Like

More that it’s too much for them to talk us up so they whinge about the opposition not doing enough. I like that it bothers them so it’s like a double win. Don’t worry, they’ll be talking us down every opportunity they get.

We are apparently 3rd on set shot efficiency ladder. Pies 18th.

Our fwd line transformation personnel wise has been great. Also getting more shots from centre of ground as opposed to pockets given our ball use.

4 Likes

Yep remember how after the loss to Adelaide our players had all hit the wall and hooker couldn’t forward.

It was the same after the pies lost to the saints who deserves a fair bit of credit for that performance.

Regardless the fact is we’re all just mid table sides scraping for the last few spots in the 8.

1 Like

I think our main concern with the forwards is that all our depth for proper small forwards is in the team. Maybe worth looking at rookieing a few.

Long term I’m a bit worried about how a Redman Langford laverde fridge mutch midfield/ forwards looks I think we need to try and get another classy fast midfielder with our first pick this draft. A dedicated small forward and a keyforward prospect. Maybe 2 picks in the 2nd round is achievable to get a fast outside player in the line breaking mould

1 Like

I’m not convinced there won’t be “mid-table sides” who find themselves in the top 4 this year.

1 Like

God it is easy to forget about laverde. He could be that pacey outside mid you’re talking about.

I still think we need another genuine ruck prospect too

What? Four rucks on the list now, not enough?

Crows, giants, cats are well on their way. You’d think the dogs will settle into their groove at some point. If not it will probably be a port or a WC who home game flat track their way into 4th

We obviously don’t consider smack a viable long term option. Tbell and luey both have bad injury histories and have the potential to fall off a cliff at any moment. I think there is room for another draper or a mature journey man.

That said JD is looking so good on ball atm that maybe we can just carry the tbell/luey risk. I have nightmares about him blowing his knee out in a ruck contest though (touch wood).

I think he and langford are our HFFs for the future with brief stints in the midfield (4-5 minutes a quarter).

Get a big dog up ya Collingwood !

4 Likes

I fully expect if Laverde was fit and Francis had his tank built up we’d just move TIPPA into mid rotations/interchanging with Fantasia.

Fwd line of.

HF: LAV Daniher Fantasia
F: Green Hooker Francis

There is no reason this can’t happen later in year.

3 Likes