ANZAC Day review- Welcome Back Essington

Loved the lady soldiers lips/mouth singing Australian Athem only positive

I'd still take 2-2 after our first 4 at the start if the season
excuse 1. Now waiting for the rest, should be laugh to have them all trotted out to reason this perfomance away haha

Have we never been through a wet weather football situation or planned for these conditions? I cannot understand the decision making today. The message from the box was either very poor or the players were way ahead of themselves. On talent we crap all over that side. ■■■■■■ disappointing

For a team that talks about our premiership window, we sure like playing with the consistency of a 8-12 placed team.

Yup

Perhaps this is too negative, but add 2 sec to hawks game and Carlton kick straight we are nil and 4.

Very difficult to know where we are at. Unreliable.

Minus 1 quarter from Swans game & we kick straight today we are 4 and nil…

I thought Gleeson was good today, people will focus on a few turnovers that he made, but at least he took on the game and contest when there were players who stood back.

Hawthorn win undone.

This.

Giles in Belly Out

Needs to stop giving away dumb free kicks. Getting very predictable.

In Wet conditions, a novel idea might be to kick the ball long and not try to over possess it.

They weren’t better than us, they’re not a better side than us, and they won’t make the finals this year.

We handed this game to them, with a silver bow, on a platter, free room service, complimentary refresher towel, no charge dessert.

THIS!
They played the game to suit the conditions… It’s pretty simple.
We ALWAYS fired off the extra handball or 3 and buggered ourselves up.
Their running into space was superior for 4 quarters.
The only guy in red and black that played to suit the conditions was Old Man Fletch

What do we have to do to get Hogan?? (trolling obv)

Out coached, out smarted and out played. Back to basics I think boys.

It doesnt matter. We could be 4-0, 0-4. We will get reamed on a dry day in september on the G. Id play laverde, langford, orazio, browne. Just play them, and i dont care how hard we trained. Just look at our midfield and forward line, no change of pace. Carlisle, daniher, ambrose, chapman. Its like the special olympics one legged relay team.

I find it hard to blame the forward line. We moved it slow and it was never going to be a game for 200cm forwards. Shame we didn’t get Jeff Garlett last year. We’re crying out for some of his ilk.
If the instructions were to switch it sideways all day then poorly coached today.
Stanton was good.

I agree with the over possession assessment. That is our game at the moment and it doesn’t work in the wet. A players slips over and you’re screwed. Inablility or unwillingness to adapt to the conditions was a big factor. You’ve just got to take your chances. Joe and Carlisle missing easy set shots is an absolute killer. As well, we had chances in our period of total domination for the first half of the second, and didn’t score a goal for abt 10 mins. You’ve got to take your chances!!
I thought we won possession better than them for the entire last half but couldn’t get any clean ball movement. Lack of small forwards a big issue in the wet.
Also, Collingwood’s tackling and pressure was much better than ours. We used to be the best in that area but it has dropped off the last 2 weeks.

Giles in Belly Out

Needs to stop giving away dumb free kicks. Getting very predictable.

ATTITUDE adjustment required in Bellchambers

Get rid of that dinky Richmond like game plan!

All our matches, whether we win or lose, always look like really farkin hard work.

We are by far the most inefficient team in the comp.

To continously have nearly 100 more possessions than the opposition and either eek out a win or lose, it’s no wonder that the side looks completely stuffed in the final qtrs of matches.

They need to start winning the contested stats and start using the ball much more cleverly.

Another year, and nothing has changed. Essington well and truly alive.

Forward line is still a dis-organised rabble.

Carlisle can play up forward for the next decade and he’ll still be unlikely to play more than 5 or 6 decent games in 200.

Buggered if I know what Ambrose adds. Barely touches the ball, and when he does has hands like a leper. And don’t trot out the defensive forward role crap.

Cue the excuses - pre-season, rain, ASADA, umpires, bad luck, coaches box, lower food prices at the G, and so on. But really were belted by a very inexperienced Collingwood side.

Trade Carlisle if he isn’t gonna get played in the backline. That miss iced the game.

Lost in the coaches box. Pies had 2-3 back all day, we kicked it straight to them & our spares were sucked up too close to the ball to impact. A lot of their goals, especially in the first half were from kicks to space over the back, Pagan’s paddock if you will. Our forwards were outnumbered all day long & had poor delivery. We’ll never kick enough goals using that structure. We need to at least make sure the forwards have an even contest. Just dumb coaching & poor execution of skills. must lift intensity to compete with the best each week in this comp. Weve been flat each of the past 2 weeks IMO.