ANZAC Day - speculation and argument for changes vs Pies 2019

Seems to match up well…

6 Likes

Don’t make me pull out my Steve Harvey gif again !

4 Likes

Ambrose is perfect for Mihocek. Hurley to De Goey.

People are acting like Ambrose is Matthew Scarlett after 2 good games. If you’ve watched De Goey since he turned the corner late last year you know that his speed will be too much for Ambrose.

Ambrose is better suited to an endurance forward that he can run with all day

yep - I think that’ll win us ANZAC Day.

1 Like

For once, I agree with you.
I believe Hurley has the form and physical attributes to do a good job.
Perhaps not win the dual, and DeGoey may still kick 4 goals, but keep him sufficiently in check to give us a chance in this game.

Hipwood would be as quick as degoey and just as athletic.

If you want to shut a player down physical attributes are just one half of the equation. Ambrose loves putting his elbow into their ribs at every occasion. He does not leave their side and he’s always in their head.

Hurley can do the job no doubt, but by having him doing the job you are conceding an intercepting and attacking weapon straight up.

5 Likes

Jeeze you’re picky!
Anyone can tell this is symbolic, not representative.

Was this directed at all of those who think the pies are a good team, or were you just talking to Heffsgirl?

Most of these arrows go up or lateral. We’ll be farked when we change ends.

It rolls, cause it’s round.

1 Like

He had a good long kick from the wing over the defence last week straight to stringer, as Stringers defender had come off him to where he expected the kick to fall. only for it to sail over his head and land in stringers hands.

2 Likes

They used to be incapable of counting to 20 in a pack of Viscount.

1 Like

What part of cool your jets don’t you understand?

2 Likes

What excites me most about this game is that assuming Zaka and Dev are fine and with Joey finally back, it will be the strongest Essendon team to play in over a decade. We’ve got a fully fit best 22 (arguably) that include 7 All Australians & 2 Rising Stars, & that’s not even including Raz, Walla, Dev, Zaka, Saad, McKenna and co.

24 Likes

https://giphy.com/gifs/shower-hwtAACmVjWP60

2 Likes

As quick off the mark??? no way. Maybe one he gets a few strides in.

Have people on here actually watched De Goey

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Pretty impressive on paper, here’s hoping they are as impressive on the field and get us a win ANZAC Day.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how speed off the mark guarantees you are going to kick a bag of goals.

Degoey is just one part of the equation and I would be surprised if they concede our structure from the start by going with somebody like Hurley who is probably no quicker than Ambrose anyway.