ANZAC Day - speculation and argument for changes vs Pies 2019

That’s what I’m nervous about. What if we have our best 22 and we get done by 7 goals???

1 Like

Means we’re not good enough yet and have work to do. No point being nervous about it, especially given it’s only Round 6 and there’s still plenty of time to improve and bridge any gap that might exist.

3 Likes

I’m convinced they can’t handle our small forwards. Orazio 5 goals, Tippa 3.

2 Likes

At the airport - pumped for the game! Can’t wait to see our blokes really turn it on. It will be a big statement about where we’re truly at I reckon. I hope we kick a few early ones then bury them.

7 Likes
1 Like

Then that tells us how much we need to improve to be a top 4 side. I think it’s a good thing having this game and then Geelong next week. If we lose ANZAC then we can see how the boys respond against and even better Geelong. The next 2 weeks will be very telling. And we’re lucky to get the test this early in the season.

4 Likes

What happens if you have explosive diarrhea on a bus?

I didn’t realise that heffsgirl had one of those groovy little jet fighters to go pick up the shopping. Now I realise wozzie was just talking to her. I pictured her being a bit hotter than that but…

1 Like

These guys will assist with the cleanup!

If Ambrose is on him out of the square, once De Goey decides to go and lead he will get a few meters head start on Ambrose because he is that much quicker off the mark compared to Ambrose.

De Goey leading out of square is how he plays. He relies on this explosive speed

Pies bringing in Greenwood apparently.

Smart by Buckley.

If you don’t tag either Shiel or Merrett we will cut you up.

He will go to Merrett I reckon. He doesn’t deal with the tag well yet (would love to see our win/loss record when Merrett does and doesn’t get tagged).

I reckon if he’s struggling to cope with the tag tomorrow, use him as a small forward as forwards get tagged anyway. Zach can bring his tackling pressure up there too

2 Likes

I’ve always liked the idea of a tagged player tagging another player.
So you’re down one, and they’re down two.
Never happens, though.
Just sayin’.

But in the spirit of unrealistic thoughts, is Draper any chance?
Grundy is a weapon, and one that has been defused by beating him up. Not wearing him down, so much as happened to Gawn, but treating him like a midfielder.
I’m not sure that’s T-Bell’s go (or Daniher’s for that matter).
I wish it was.
I’d love to see him step up and impose himself.

2 Likes

I hope someone fkn runs through greenwood before the siren and says “feel that you c**t? Thats what to expect every single time you go near merrett”

Get into him

20 Likes

if anyone does it, its gonna be stringer

4 Likes

I think they will start Greenwood on Shiel if he plays.
He was so damaging in our centre clearances last week.

But yeh for once, target a opposition player and hammer him.
Maybe Greenwood. Maybe everyone smashes grundy any chance they get.
Treloar, Grundy and BEams are probably there most prolific.
But I hate Sidebottom stepping up on Anzac day. wouldnt mind someone running through him.

The upside of them bringing a guy like Greenwood in to tag is that he will occupy a spot in the middle, presumably for a significant proportion of the game. And when you have a midfield of Pendles, Treloar, Sidebottom, Beams and Adams, that is significant.

That may be so but the club might be happy to concede 2-3 goals to degoey if it means Hurley can have 8-9 interceptions and launch 6-7 scoring chains.

Attack is also a form of defence.

4 Likes

I hope we see a couple of centre bounces where Stringer lines up against DeGoey.

Barry Davis thinks Hurley for DeGoey, and Francis should be playing.

Thinks we’re good things.

Fun fact, Belly is second in the league for score launches. Onya Belly.

6 Likes