ANZAC Day - speculation and argument for changes vs Pies 2019

De gooey doesn’t worry me that much, we have plenty of options to match up with him if needed.

I’m more worried about the midfield match ups. The filth bat very deep in the middle. Grundy against Bellchambers around the ground scares the hell out of me

3 Likes

Remember when we used predict pre-Anzac match that Daisy Thomas was going to get Reimered? We missed that one by a fair margin.

2 Likes

Stopping DeGoey is a team thing.

If the Pies midfield gets clean uncontested possessions kicking to DeGeoy isolated one out, it won’t matter who’s on him. Need to pressure the mids and ensure we keep well structured down back.

That is GOLD

Agree on that. Belly played his best game of the season last Friday. He will need to better that tomorrow, especially around the ground.

2 Likes

Man that is funny.

Not surprised. We are scoring a lot of goals from stoppages.

This is the most dominant midfield we have had since 2000.

2 Likes

Needs more Franga.

A Collingwood supporter goes into Centrelink to collect payment for her kids:

Worker: How many children do you have Madam?

Collingwood supporter: 12

Worker: Oh my goodness, What are their names?

Collingwood supporter: Nathan

Worker: They’re all named Nathan?

Collingwood supporter: Of course!! What’s wrong with that?

Worker: Nothing madam. I’m just curious how you manage that?

Collingwood supporter: It’s easy!!! If I want them all to come to dinner I will yell “Nathan dinner is ready, I want you all washed up and ready in 5 minutes.” and if I want them to all come inside I will yell “Nathan it’s late, you have school tomorrow and I want you all in bed.”

Worker: So what if you need to speak to any of them individually? How does that work?

Collingwood supporter: Oh that’s simple, I just call them by whatever their father’s name was.

14 Likes

After this game will we either be contenders or pretenders… Only hard work and the ultimate attitude (mental toughness) will get the job done. How many times have we been let down on this day!!! i’m sick of it and its about time we start recognising this bad record we have as a club on this day and stand up.

So is bomberstan a chance to come in and repair a tattered reputation today?

probably making sure he is in ripe condition for tomorrow’s game.

1 Like

Two of the crappiest actors ever in one of the crappiest films I’ve ever been so unfortunate to see. Diarrhea indeed!

If I hear anybody waffle on about the irrelevant De Goey one more time my head is going to explode.

Yes, I’ve seen him play, the media don’t stop banging on about him like you lot, how can you not!

Meh, we got him covered. Ambrose will give him a bruising.

2 Likes

Captain’s run is optional.

Mckenna apparently didn’t train either.

Very hard to read anything into a captain’s run though

1 Like

Thread needs more Hooker on Cox then?

1 Like

I watched the Captain’s run a few weeks ago. None of Smith, Bellchambers and Heppell did anything more than walk around with their tracksuits on and chat in huddles and picking up an errant ball. All played the following day.

3 Likes

Main training session is normally a couple of days before a game. With such a short week this would have been quite a different training week.