ANZAC Day - speculation and argument for changes vs Pies 2019

Agree with all/most of that.
Zaka is 29-ish.

I rate Bags but if it came down to him or Guelfi at the moment i’d want Guelfi playing. Albeit in very different roles.

1 Like

Can someone please get the tea lady on the line, I think the team is overdue.

Carlisle always picks bags

4 Likes

2 Likes

Where is the team, we’re less than 24 hours from the game!!

Guelfi is like a midifield version of Ambrose and Brown
Solid Blue collar role player. Hard at the pill, tough at his man gives 100%.
Bit like a poor mans Devon Smith.
What he lacks by ability he makes up with effort.

I haven’t seen star factor with him. But not everyone can be stars, and we already have 7 AA and 2 rising stars in the team.

Francis, laverde and langford all have more talent yet are in the ressies.
these guys i thought would be key lynchpins to our move up the ladder.

However it probably has been

• Brown and Ambrose playing their roles.
  • McKenna turning into a elite half back
  • Return of Hooker has solidified our Defence
  • Merrett/Shiel/Heppell gelling
2 Likes

How do West Coast beat them?

They seem to have no problem.

well pies kick it to McGovern and they launch their attacks from defence.
Also helps having the coleman medallist

Ambrose and Brown playing their roles perfectly shows just how important that kind of player is. Great to see them both getting props for it though.

Im interested if pies will practice playing ugly footy into the forwardline against us this week to limit Hookers intercept marking down back.
Buckley seems keen to try it against the ealges.

1 Like

Neither of you are funny.

Seems counter intuitive to their natural style, which ideally requires fast, clean movement to hit up DeGoey, Elliot, Cox or Mihocek on the lead (or running back into an open forward line).

So, I don’t think they will if they can avoid it.

wed also be fine with it because weve got guys like saad and mckenna there if the ball hits the deck

1 Like

yeh but if their strength is small forwards, and pace then a chaos ball forward might work.

but yeh I know forwards prefer it lace out.

It just depends if we can pressure the kicks.

North just bombed it forward last week under pressure. in that scenario a mungrel punt might be better.

Disagree. I think they’d prefer to get set shots rather than having to flick the ball around inside fifty and try get a good shot on the run. The more a team possesses a ball inside their fifty, the more the opposition can get back and force a turnover.

The chaos ball may work as a once or twice a game thing, but it’s not a sustainable game plan.

1 Like

Good luck to them. Hooker has taken 24 marks in two games. And Hurley is averaging 9.

2 Likes

The Pies have 5 of the top 25 in the comp for Marks I50. De goey is #2 on that list but all of Cox, Elliot, Mihochek and Stephanson feature… they’re not worried about being outmarked if they get any sort of quality delivery.

1 Like

Any reports from the training session?

Only that most of the the team didn’t train.

PANIC!!!

2 Likes