ANZAC Day - speculation and argument for changes vs Pies 2019

Yep. I reckon there are certain types of players you need at least one of at each ‘line’. You need leaders, you need elite skill, and you need tough role players. Ambrose, Guelfi, Brown, Bags. These kind of guys are essential for many reasons, not least of which, they won’;t blow out your budget.

2 Likes

West Coast and Geelong are the only 2 teams they’ve played with with decent marking defenders this year and they lost those games. The Brisbane one blew that stat out for them with 25. The comment was just me being a little lid off though. I’m not really confident with this game.

Too slow. We have just got ourselves a speedy midfield. We dont need to add slowness. If Langford come in its for Myers, and that isn’t going to happen.

2 Likes

Good to hear! Down from Darwin and decided to go to a winery instead of going to the training session :joy:

1 Like

Saad needs to pull his finger out only second in running bounces.

seb Ross 15
Saad 10
Tippa 7
mcKenna 7
Smith 6
Fantasia 5

It looks like we are sharing the load

Sheil only just behind on 5 as well.

5 players in the top 19 or 26%

1 Like

think that’s where hooksy went instead of the captain’s run too

1 Like

Thats the quality of their midfield.

Grundy serves up so much quality football to their mids it is scary and if he hasnt won the hit out he hits the ground as a quality extra mid.

Limiting his influence might be the key to the game.

Richmond are pretty handy…

Grundy has more clearances than Zach Merrett this year

The Pies have Mihochek, who also has a massive tank. Ambrose might end up going to Mihochek so Hurls can stay close to goal and intercept and lead the clean up .

2 Likes

Add kicking it a lot - series of short kicks or launching long and wide. Breaks up Collingwoods defensive system - their mids actually don’t work that hard going back, and they rely on outnumbers to win defensive contests…
Which should make an interesting game with our current team.

Yeah should win the Charlie. Great player.

This time tomorrow we will have a pretty good handle on where we really are at.

This game is worth 4 points like any of the other 21 games
But but somehow it means more than 4 points to me

Honestly I have absolutely no idea who will win this game.

3 Likes

It was the game after Rance went down though. Took them a while to get it together.

Wasn’t it the same game? Round 2, midway through the 3rd qtr.

Over on Collingwood BF they’re saying that Wells, Daicos and Goldsack are the emergencies for the game.

Interesting that they’re bringing in Greenwood - must be worried about our midfield - considering most of the other players would add more value than him into the side bar the tagging aspect.

I don’t think Greenwood would be able to negate Merrett (most likely target) and have an influential game himself. So they’re essentially sacrificing a position just to stop one of our onballers.

Shiel, Hepp, Smith, Zacka, McGrath and Myers can do a lot of damage regardless.

Rance went off in round one against Carlton i think. I might be wrong though.

Nope, you’re correct.

Rance injured himself round 1.

Riewoldt round 2.

Cotchin round 3.

2 Likes

Too many to keep up with!

2 Likes

They’re overdue a major injury.

6 Likes