ANZAC Day - speculation and argument for changes vs Pies 2019

Yeah I don’t agree with that.

Hurley is a champ and underrated in here.

3 Likes

Tense times in the heff household.

3 Likes

Of our 7 defenders Hurley is the 5th best kick.
Hooker and Ambrose are the ones that are worse. They generally take safe options with their kicks.
Hurley is the one that has me most nervous

3 Likes

Doesn’t mean he’s a bad kick.

McKenna and Saad just so happen to be elite kicks.

Hurley is a very good kick for the type of player he is.

I think people like to focus on the negatives a bit with players like Hurley and Joe rather than what they can do.

2 Likes

He does a lot of really good stuff. I love Hurls.
But I much prefer him playing a more defensive role and only kicking when he has to, rather than roaming around looking for kicks and being the distributor out of the backline.
Luckily with so many good kicks in defence now, he doesn’t have to be kicking as much.
I agree he’s not a bad kick. He just has a habit of having 1 or 2 shockers if he tries to bite off too much

I think he’s a gun.

1 Like

thoughts and prayers

3 Likes

I’m predicting this game will come down to who picks up on the counter cues better. Both teams vary theirs throughout the game from pressing defenders high to kill the outside, midfielders holding back to zone the corridor etc. I believe the game will be won on who rebounds better. A lot of weight is on Hurley/Hooker (who ever is running the defence) to communicate what’s happening further up the field and making the right decision from the start of the chain.

1 Like

Game over. Pies by 6 goals.

2 Likes

Who have you put your money on this week?

Call if you need back up.
Keyboard fingers all at the ready.

1 Like

I’m not a betting man but I have a good feeling we will win.

No one is giving us a chance knocking off the Pies we play better when no one rates us.

2 Likes

I don’t think Ambrose is a bad kick.

I would have us at 40% chance.

1 Like

Four points, four points, it all sounds like four points to me, to me!

I would have us as a 50% chance of losing.

1 Like

I agree, he is a terrible commentator.

1 Like

Whilst I am looking forward to this game, it is disappointing that the match selection committee have omitted Parish which has now lead to his departure from the club at years end due to being very cross he was dropped. The club have done a lot right of late - but that one is a real howler and one I’m sure they’d like their time over for.

Wait… what?

You’ve seen into the future and somehow determined that this ONE moment has made Parish leave?

Incredible insight, if you could offer me some results of upcoming matches my bank account will thank you.

4 Likes

I think that’s sarcasm

1 Like