ANZAC Day - tickets still available!

Ohhh right, yeah it has to be at least a 6 game flexi for ANZAC day access BM.

Thanks for being so kind and offering anyway :slight_smile:

Oh boooo, sorry matey, hopefully you all get there.

Yeah if nobody else has an eligible non-reserved seat membership to offer, hopefully Iā€™m just being a bit paranoid and it turns out that you can indeed purchase multiple tickets with my membership.

Cheers BM.

Ok, I think I know where the confusion is coming in, and I will confirm tomorrow.

The Ticketek site states

ā€œClub Members and General Public Reserve - 16 tickets per transaction (8 tickets per transaction to Anzac day only)ā€

I suspect this means you can get 8 tickets in one transaction with 8 member barcodes, not that you can get 8 seats for every barcode.

Reading between the lines still though, and I will get it confirmed first thing tomorrow.

Hope you find a spare flexi 6 game membership - but it may be worth buying a kids one ($65) for the seatā€¦

2 Likes

I reckon you are bang on there Katie. Thanks heaps for your clarification.
That $65 kids membership could be a last resort haha!!

Cheers.

I think thatā€™s wrong katie

Iā€™m 99% sure you can buy up to 8 tickets (dependant on availability) one one card/barcode

Iā€™ve had this confirmed to me, twice by the club

1 Like

i have a home games membership/11 if that can help

2 Likes

Donā€™t want to add to the confusion, but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s 8 per transaction.

So during member pre sale you need 8 member barcodes (or you could do 64 I suppose).

If you want to mix tickets with non members you have to wait till general public opens. Itā€™s the same for finals and we had an issue with it a couple of years ago.

Otherwise what would be the point of a members pre-sale. Probably wouldnā€™t notice or make much difference during the year though when there is only two days gap for the whole H&A from the start of the year.

Ok! I have good news. My ā€˜reading between the linesā€™ was wrong, and @westozziebomber was totally right.

Membership have been told you can purchase up to 7 extra full price reserved seats with your flexi 6+ membership upgrade reserved seat.

To be honest, Iā€™m quite surprised by this. The good news is, if you donā€™t get a ticket before it sells out, there will be plenty on ebay for ridiculous prices! /s

2 Likes

Itā€™s the only reason why I changed to one membership. Previous years I would buy two memberships for two Anzac Day tickets because someone normally comes with me, but membership advised what Katie just confirmed so Iā€™m back to the 1

1 Like

Ahhh right, so it sounds definite that having a membership allows you to buy up to 8 tickets without the need for 8 separate member barcodes.

Thanks all for your help and contributions.

Letā€™s hope all goes smoothly tomorrow at 9am for all of us!!!

1 Like

Fully expecting ticketek to crash

2 Likes

So we need our 50,000 members to buy one extra ticket and we can have 100,000 bomber fans in. Screw Collingwood.

2 Likes

We donā€™t get a go before they doā€¦ or before the scalpers. Eight per membership, for this game, is stupid.

4 Likes

What happens to the people who buy HM/Silver/Bronze memberships in the coming weeks/month? Iā€™d assume we keep a allocation up our sleeves just in case and if so what would be the cutoff date of getting a guaranteed ticket?

Hey Aceman

The EFC memberships with reserved seats are for a particular area. My guess would be that they wonā€™t sell any seats in those areas until the very last second before the game for that reason. Would be the same for the Pies away reserved seat allocations I imagine.

Thanks
Just that a bloke at work brought a silver membership about a week out from ANZAC Day last year and was told he wouldnā€™t get a seat so I thought there must be a cutoff date. Iā€™ve told him to get in early this year and I think he is doing it this week

1 Like

Yep, ridiculous. Iā€™m fairly sure that MCC and AFL members can only buy one or two extra tickets for ANZAC day. There should be a similar limit for club members. Maybe 3-4 tickets per member of the home team and 1-2 for the away team.

Fingers crossed. Let us know how you all went after 9am

This is bollocks!!

It keeps saying our member barcodes are invalid!!! But they canā€™t be, they are 6 game flexiā€™s. Canā€™t get tickets. FMD.