ANZAC Day - tickets still available!

Is the tickets still available

Read an article stating that Essendon were taking advantage of itā€™s supporters by increasing ticket prices to this game by as much as 80%. Any truth to this?

Level 4 GSS going for as much as $82 a seat.

So, yeah. Very much so.

Iā€™ve just sorted things so I can go with a friend.

But donā€™t have ticketsā€¦ anyone want to sell me some?

I have 1

Itā€™s an Essendon home game (I believe) and we all want the club to be profitable but is anyone feeling exploited by this?

Depends. I reckon protect the members and exploit everyone else. Can we raise ticket prices by 800% for Collingwood members?

And bankrupt Centrelink!

2 Likes

It would rule out attending for a lot of people Iā€™d say. A normal ticket is what, $35?

Market forces blah blah, demand supply and all that, but this is straight out exploitation in my opinion.

1 Like

Thanks mate but would like a couple so will hold out and see.

Really appreciate the offer though!

1 Like

Itā€™s disappointing in the sense that a lot has been asked of the supporter base over the last several years and the club rewards this loyalty with increased rates to attend the most coveted home and away match of this and/or any season. Iā€™m no bean counter but from a perception point of view at least, it would be better to let the dust settle on the previous 5x years before ripping the supporters off. Theyā€™re really pushing their luck.

I had restricted view for 93 prelim. Restricted view seats are the best!

One anzac day got a restriced view seat for like 10 bucks, was in a pocket level 1. couldnā€™t complain. would probably only hate being next to the screens.

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s quite disappointing. I can still buy 8 seats together through Ticketek. Thatā€™s never usually the case this close to the game. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how big the crowd will end up.

That number of tickets this close to the game is unusual indeed. If there are plenty spare seats then they will only have themselves to blame.

yep - you havenā€™t been able to get any tickets for weeks now all of a sudden thereā€™s heaps - reeks of failed opportunism, trying to sell packages for hundreds of dollars & pricing regular fans out of the game. Poor form.

1 Like

Also, ā€œsold outā€ two months ago, yet I managed to get level 4, row A in the ponsford on Thursday.

No sell out, artificial inflation of demand to exploit supply. Serves to fuel the scalper industry and deny legitimate fans a reasonably priced experience.

The club has form on ripping off members and supporters. FFS, just sell one of your WWI bonds if youā€™re strapped for cash.

Gotta pay off that self brought on debt some how.

Grubs

In a strange way the club has been emboldened by the support it has received during the saga. It has more members now than it did in 2013. It thinks the well of good will is inexhaustible and they can do what they like. And why wouldnā€™t they? We keep paying for memberships and inflated tickets. For now at least.

You are so far off the money itā€™s not funny.