Anzac Day Tickets

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
But you also sell your soul for an AFL membership
Silly comment.

Everyone should have the type of membership that best suits their circumstances, irrespective of external factors.

Sorry. No way I would buy an AFL membership.
Fair comment but neither should existing AFL members be expected to give their membership away if that heavily compromises the way they attend games. Heresy I know but an EFC membership doesn't suit everyone.
It suits Essendon followers. Funny, that.

Quoted Post

I forgot to call for tickets when I remembered at 12.05 all seats sold. Kicking myself now for not setting the alarm. Its not that hard.

Next year I will probably buy the type of membership that guarantees a seat at that match, instead of GA home and away.

I believe there is still a chance, on 21/4 so I guess I will wait for that and set the alarm this time. I quite enjoy standing in the grog squad , actually.

If all else fails, I have a very large screen TV, but its still just not the same.

It’s our away game next year.

You might still be able to get a Bronze Premium membership for this year which will guarantee you a seat. I only did mine last week.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I forgot to call for tickets when I remembered at 12.05 all seats sold. Kicking myself now for not setting the alarm. Its not that hard.

Next year I will probably buy the type of membership that guarantees a seat at that match, instead of GA home and away.

I believe there is still a chance, on 21/4 so I guess I will wait for that and set the alarm this time. I quite enjoy standing in the grog squad , actually.

If all else fails, I have a very large screen TV, but its still just not the same.

It’s our away game next year.

You might still be able to get a Bronze Premium membership for this year which will guarantee you a seat. I only did mine last week.

Is it? I thought it was our home game again next season since Collingwood had two in a row?

No they didnt

Quoted Post

No they didnt
Yep. Home in 2015. Away in 2014, Home in 2013, away in 2012, home in 2011, away in 2010...

My apologies, thought I read it somewhere.

Quoted Post

Then Essendon should be addressing this need. CalDon can you describe what features the AFL membership has, that the current EFC membership does not offer?

Leave aside guaranteed GF ticket. If I was a purist Aussie Rules follower and wanted to watch a GF, then maybe. How many are purists without club allegiance?

At the very basic level it allows my partner (a Cat fan incidently) and I to attend games together. Impossible if we only had individual club memberships. Not everyone’s circumstance (obviously) but that’s probably the crux of it.

The vast bulk of AFL members have club allegiance (just like anyone else!) so aren’t purists in the sense you mean … but many would attend finals and other games that interest them. So it’s probably fair to say many have an interest in football that goes beyond their own club … obviously not a sentiment that’s popular in these parts.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Silly comment.

Everyone should have the type of membership that best suits their circumstances, irrespective of external factors.

Fair comment but neither should existing AFL members be expected to give their membership away if that heavily compromises the way they attend games. Heresy I know but an EFC membership doesn't suit everyone.
There are AFL members who are EFC followers. Funny that.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Silly comment.

There are AFL members who are EFC followers. Funny that.
'Follower' is a good choice of word now I come to think of it. I can't see how anyone could claim to support the club whilst making the choice to line the AFL's pockets. They only respect one thing, and that's our money. I ripped my AFL ticket up 2 years ago. And it made a hell of a lot more financial sense for me. I can't understand Essendon supporters supporting the AFL.

Saga aside the AFL membership value has declined significantly for EFC members.

Rarely get decent seats as the flog them all off for a profit or give them to the clubs and ex players. They don’t actually tell you how many tickets are available.

Remember one of the things about the some was supposed to be that competitor sides couldn’t buy tickets til the week of the game or something?

Quoted Post
Pretty unhappy. I purposely bought another membership so me and the old boy could purposely get decent seats. Im in exactly the same position i was last year and i got them through general public sales ffs.

Oh well. At least im there. Il have a stab at general admission on friday too and see if i cant luck it and get better seats and if i do il just sell these two for what i bought them for

I bought 2 tickets with a 3 game membership.
your tickets are pretty good.
Quoted Post

The club will be releasing a special ANZAC day guernsey tonight on the footy show.
Only problem is everyone watching the cricket.

Ummm…

The club will be releasing a special ANZAC day guernsey tonight on the footy show.

Quoted Post

Why?

Quoted Post

Pretty unhappy. I purposely bought another membership so me and the old boy could purposely get decent seats. Im in exactly the same position i was last year and i got them through general public sales ffs.

Oh well. At least im there. Il have a stab at general admission on friday too and see if i cant luck it and get better seats and if i do il just sell these two for what i bought them for

I bought 2 tickets with a 3 game membership.
your tickets are pretty good.
Quoted Post

Only problem is everyone watching the cricket.

This is nonsense. We have (or had) the longest running jumper in the league. Unchanged (apart from blue jumpers in the 19th century when black was not at all common). But then we bow down to the AFL with they grey jumper, then a flight plan jumper, and 140 years historical jumper (how ironic) and a dreamtime jumper.

We’re selling our soul.

Better not be some camo style ■■■■

And it’s on a bit late unless we wrap this fane up early. Need dhonis wicket.

Fane game

Quoted Post

This is nonsense. We have (or had) the longest running jumper in the league. Unchanged (apart from blue jumpers in the 19th century when black was not at all common). But then we bow down to the AFL with they grey jumper, then a flight plan jumper, and 140 years historical jumper (how ironic) and a dreamtime jumper. Now an Anzac jumper. We were wearing our usual jumper before the Anzacs left our shores.

We’re selling our soul.

WHAT IS THAT ANZAC DAY TOP ???

Edit - to be clear im talking about the thickness of the sash… I’m furious