Apple's Latest

I got the Apple TV 4 when it came out. I set it up manually and it was a bit meh! I’m not really a Siri type of guy and wasn’t too impressed with the remote.

Anyhow, it just stopped functioning last Sunday, didn’t know whether it was the remote or the device, so when I was in Adelaide, I took it into JB and they just replaced the device and the remote.

Set it up off my iDevice this time, and it’s now much, much better. Compatible with Anynet+ so all i have to now is press the remote button, and everything happens. Much happier with it now. Previously i had to fiddle arund to have the TV remote operate everything.

Not liking this talk of iPhone 7 not having a 3.5mm headphone jack

In contrast I’m liking the talk about possible changes to the iPhone … bluetooth earbuds, faster processor, improved camera (possible 2 shutters to improve picture depth), thinner, waterproofing

Bluetooth sucks for audio.

Streaming from iPhone 6s (with EQ off) to Bose Soundlink 111 and the sounds pretty good.

Oh yeah, another likely feature for the new iPhone is extra storage (250G)

Is it going to be too slim to accomodate a 3.5 jack? Maybe they’ll release an adapter for use with headphones (and charge us like a bull for it).

Streaming from iPhone 6s (with EQ off) to Bose Soundlink 111 and the sounds pretty good. Oh yeah, another likely feature for the new iPhone is extra storage (250G)

get ready to drop 2grand on a phone.

Yes, prices are ridiculous. That’s why I stick with a plan. I worked out some time back when you factor in the cost of a plan over a 24 month period the plan effectively costs something between $40 - $50 a month. I’m with Telstra and I did the new phone initiative which turned out ‘only’ costing me an extra $2 to what I was paying last year.

Floppy disk drive all over again.

Had someone ask the other day “how come they STILL haven’t put a USB port on the iPad to plug in thumb drives?”

Time to buy bluetooth headphones boys.

According to the article I read, you’ll be able to use Bluetooth headphones, or headphones with wires that plug into the slot where the charger goes. For me that’s not a problem, in fact I like it if it makes the phone thinner and the screen bigger.

For live monitoring of user created audio, a headphone jack, even if it is through an adapter, is essential. Too much latency with Bluetooth for live music performance. I’d be very surprised if Apple didn’t provide some sort of wired audio output.

For live monitoring of user created audio, a headphone jack, even if it is through an adapter, is essential. Too much latency with Bluetooth for live music performance. I'd be very surprised if Apple didn't provide some sort of wired audio output.

Oh they will. It’ll just be through some proprietary plug where they earn money every time someone buys something with that plug.

The only thing Apple values more than your money, is more of your money.

Got my apple pencil last week. It’s awesome! Very low latency and palm rejection is near perfect. My drawing still sucks, but, I probably can’t blame Apple for that :wink:

For live monitoring of user created audio, a headphone jack, even if it is through an adapter, is essential. Too much latency with Bluetooth for live music performance. I'd be very surprised if Apple didn't provide some sort of wired audio output.

There’ll be Beats headphones with lightning connectors day 1.

But how long until some acceptable quality headphones?
Beats are rubbish.

Oh they will. It’ll just be through some proprietary plug where they earn money every time someone buys something with that plug.

Meh. If it means a slimmer phone.

On point two, what tech company is different?

But how long until some acceptable quality headphones?
Beats are rubbish.

I’d be hoping these would be the first ones that the Apple hardware team actually puts together.

Absolutely. In that respect Apple are exactly the same as Microsoft, Samsung and all of their other competitors.

Maybe A tad greedier

No. But they’re able to get away with quite a lot more. The others would do just the same, or more, if they could.

Absolutely. In that respect Apple are exactly the same as Microsoft, Samsung and all of their other competitors.