Apple's Latest

For live monitoring of user created audio, a headphone jack, even if it is through an adapter, is essential. Too much latency with Bluetooth for live music performance. I'd be very surprised if Apple didn't provide some sort of wired audio output.

Oh they will. It’ll just be through some proprietary plug where they earn money every time someone buys something with that plug.

The only thing Apple values more than your money, is more of your money.

Absolutely. In that respect Apple are exactly the same as Microsoft, Samsung and all of their other competitors.

Maybe A tad greedier

Didn’t Apple buy Snoops headphones?
They’d get a huge market share if they are exclusively selling their range when the phone launches before Sony and others have had the chance to react to the new jack.

For live monitoring of user created audio, a headphone jack, even if it is through an adapter, is essential. Too much latency with Bluetooth for live music performance. I'd be very surprised if Apple didn't provide some sort of wired audio output.

Oh they will. It’ll just be through some proprietary plug where they earn money every time someone buys something with that plug.

The only thing Apple values more than your money, is more of your money.

Absolutely. In that respect Apple are exactly the same as Microsoft, Samsung and all of their other competitors.

Shock! Business likes money!

never ever getting apple music after seeing an ad for it.

Does Apple Music delete your MP3s? My Grandad updated a fair way to one of the latest iOS’s and I can’t find all the MP3s I put on for him. I haven’t used it since they changed the app to Apple Music

never ever getting apple music after seeing an ad for it.
Time to buy bluetooth headphones boys.
Every pair I've tried is shizen though barge. I have a pair of $400 sennie studio headphones, I freaking love them and it would seriously suck to not be able to use them.

It’s to save 1mm

Come on man

maybe there’s the opportunity for invention - a blue tooth ‘dongle’ and battery unit you plug your existing headphones into.

I don’t want or need my phone to be thinner. Make it thicker, with a bigger battery, a good DAC and a pre-amp with the muscle to handle the demands of good headphones, as opposed to fashionable headware. Presently I can get that with an add-on but it would be nice to see something fully integrated. Of course having said that, and now having actually engaged my limited capacity for thought, some of those combo DAC/battery/amp cases that have been released recently, or will be in the near future, look pretty damn awesome and they’ll still work if the headphone jack is removed anyway.

I also want tube amps.

I also want tube amps.

Only for the high frequencies.

Do You Have $55K to Spend on Headphones? Buy These

TWO DECADES AGO, Sennheiser unleashed Orpheus, a $16,000 listening station with a tube amp and a pair of over-ear electrostatic headphones. They were (justifiably) touted as the best headphones ever made, and even now there are few challengers to that title. Well, you’re going to want to cue up that SACD of Aja, because the German audio company has rebooted the concept, and has today unveiled a brand new Sennheiser Orpheus.

It is, in a word, bananas. Like the original, the new Orpheus is a package deal, with the headphones and the combo tube amplifier and DAC designed to work together as a set. The amp is sheathed in (of course) Italian marble, and the tubes are protected by (of course) bespoke quartz bulbs. The headphones deliver sound via diaphragms crafted of vaporized titanium, because nothing else will do. The Orpheus’s frequency response reaches all the way down to 8Hz, so you’ll be able to feel the bones of your skull rattling every time Bootsy zaps the Bop Gun.

The headphone system will be available starting next year for ‎€50,000 (about $55,000). We’ll get a chance to hear the setup next week, and we’ll provide more detail about the design and the innards once we’ve gone ears-on. In the meantime, take a look at the beautiful photos above. Try to avoid thinking about liquidating your 401(K).

8hz pffft. The Abyss planar magnetics go down to 5hz and they’re only $7.5k. No included amp or DAC though.

They do sound pretty amazing though!

I haven’t really read anything about this, so does anyone know why Apple is refusing police and court orders to unlock a phone from a mass shooter?

I haven't really read anything about this, so does anyone know why Apple is refusing police and court orders to unlock a phone from a mass shooter?

There is a lot more to it than unlocking one phone.
For once I agree with Apple.

I haven't really read anything about this, so does anyone know why Apple is refusing police and court orders to unlock a phone from a mass shooter?

There is a lot more to it than unlocking one phone.
For once I agree with Apple.

Yeah just reading up on it now. It is not just about hacking one phone, it is the FBI demanding Apple build aa software backdoor into it’s IOS system. The FBI “claims” they would only ever use it once, just on this phone. Hands up everyone who believes them!

Patently poor form by the FBI and the courts. Destroying privacy and claiming they wont use it against people.

I back Apple on this too.

Its gonna be ■■■■■■ if local PD can get access to the backdoor.

Jenna Jamison would welcome it though.

Because if they do the FBI will snoop on everybody and terrorists will search out more encrypted systems.

Plus this is his work phone, not his personal phone that he destroyed.

Plus the local PD changed the iCloud password, Apple could’ve gotten them the data otherwise.

Plus what if the passcode is just ‘1234’?