Apple's Latest

I haven't really read anything about this, so does anyone know why Apple is refusing police and court orders to unlock a phone from a mass shooter?

Because if they do the FBI will snoop on everybody and terrorists will search out more encrypted systems.

Plus this is his work phone, not his personal phone that he destroyed.

Plus the local PD changed the iCloud password, Apple could’ve gotten them the data otherwise.

Plus what if the passcode is just ‘1234’?

Then I share a password with a villain!

So what's the story with the Apple Watch? Any one got one? Any good?

Mrs Wim is a fan.
Finds it easier for work. And it looks nice, of course.

maybe there's the opportunity for invention - a blue tooth 'dongle' and battery unit you plug your existing headphones into.

That sounds much much much easier than just having the plug that’s been standard on millions of devices for 30 years. Elegant!

maybe there's the opportunity for invention - a blue tooth 'dongle' and battery unit you plug your existing headphones into.

That sounds much much much easier than just having the plug that’s been standard on millions of devices for 30 years. Elegant!

Which one - USB, micro USB, USB-A, mini-USB, mini-micro-maxi USB, USB 3.0? And I’d suggest 20 years would be tops for widespread use of USB.

HAP is talking mini-stereo headphone jack (3.5 mm TRS to nerds).

Which one - USB, micro USB, USB-A, mini-USB, mini-micro-maxi USB, USB 3.0? And I’d suggest 20 years would be tops for widespread use of USB.

Audio jack…

Oh! Oops!

The battery on my iPhone 5 is really struggling to make it through a day. Would anyone recommend doing a DIY replacement using one of those kits you can get cheap on eBay etc?

Yes, recommend.

Did my IPhone 4 over 2 years ago and still going strong.
Would have cost 6 bucks max, and they also include the tiny screw driver.

From memory, the connector is a bit fiddly, but shouldn’t take you too long.

Tablets are dead tech crunch has pronounced.

And toms guide backs it with numbers

In the first version of this thread BC (before crash) after the launch of the first Note I proclaimed, with much argument from many in here that we would see the day that what was then called a phablet would become the singular device of choice and apple needed to move with the times and increase the size of the iPhone screen. People called me all kinds of cray cray. Doe in particular refused to accept that it would even be a remote possibility.

In 2016 the phablet rules all, and it’s just a phone now.

wifi only tablets for my kids, they sure and sh*t aren’t getting a phone.

Yes, recommend.

Yeah, agreed. If you are remotely handy you can do it. Watch a number of youtube clips on how to do it first. Use the video for reference as you go…and take your time, don’t rush.

I have replaced many different batteries, screens and memory for all sorts of pdas, phones, tablets, ipods/ipads over the years. The costs of buying and shipping the replacement parts through ebay is much cheaper than taking it to someone else to do it.

However, if you aren’t confident or have ham fists and can’t see then you should take it to someone else to do it.

Tablets are dead tech crunch has pronounced. http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/25/tablets-are-dead/

In the first version of this thread BC (before crash) after the launch of the first Note I proclaimed, with much argument from many in here that we would see the day that what was then called a phablet would become the singular device of choice and apple needed to move with the times and increase the size of the iPhone screen. People called me all kinds of cray cray. Doe in particular refused to accept that it would even be a remote possibility.

Well aren’t you just marvelous.
Benstradamus.

Tablets are dead tech crunch has pronounced. http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/25/tablets-are-dead/

Benstradamus.

Thanks boot.

Benstradamus.

Thanks boot.

I loves ya ben.
You know that.

Benstradamus.

Thanks boot.

I loves ya ben.
You know that.

“Good call by me”?

True

Why do the FBI think this guy would go about his terrorist business on his work phone, which his work has control of, and not his personal phone which he destroyed on the day.

Something sounds ■■■■■■ up to me.

Yes, recommend.

Yeah, agreed. If you are remotely handy you can do it. Watch a number of youtube clips on how to do it first. Use the video for reference as you go…and take your time, don’t rush.

I have replaced many different batteries, screens and memory for all sorts of pdas, phones, tablets, ipods/ipads over the years. The costs of buying and shipping the replacement parts through ebay is much cheaper than taking it to someone else to do it.

However, if you aren’t confident or have ham fists and can’t see then you should take it to someone else to do it.

Thanks guys, will give it a go.

3.5mm stereo headphone jack.

Standard at least on tape Walkmans (early 80s??), my folks had one banging around when I was growing up - so 30, 35 years.