Apple's Latest

I went the $80 Patek Philippe myself.

This is very very ugly.

But Iā€™m guessing all those gloomers who have been whinging since 2013 about not having a big Mac will be happy.

Unless they canā€™t afford it, of course.

Is that a cheese grater?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the girl Iā€™m gonna marryā€¦

Soā€™s your face.

This is for the Mac Pro. I only have an iMac.

Canā€™t even imagine what that price will beā€¦

Base model is $5999 (US). The current trashcan base model starts at $2999 and the iMac Pro (which of course includes a 5K monitor) starts at $4999ā€¦

My first Mac was a IISi back in the day, and still have three Mac Proā€™s and various iMacs and minis in use, but I am not sure I would be spending ~$10k (including the penalty for living in Australia) on this new offering.

Thereā€™s a hell of a gap between the Mini and the Proā€¦

Think of it as the gap between a mid-season rookie draft pick and a Dylan Shiel.

2 Likes

Iā€™m eligible for a free upgrade of phone to the iPhone X (currently have an iPhone 7). Is it worthwhile upgrading or should I wait for the next iPhone to come out?

Iā€™m not qualified to say, but I upgraded from an iPhone 4 (after rocking it for 8 years) to the iPhone X, when it was released in late 2017. In my case, it was worthwhile. :grin:

1 Like

I went from the 7 to the X, it was notably better.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be waiting for a 5G version, probably late 2020.

But I have the Xs. Pretty good.

You need to be doing a lot more high-powered computing that what I do to get a Mac Pro. I have the lowest power video graphics card, because I donā€™t do gaming.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/HunterKendly/status/1204467470217515008?s=20

Well, I have spent $25k on graphics cards for GPU computing. And I donā€™t do gaming either.
One of these means I donā€™t need to upgrade my old school Mac Pro for a while yet.

Neon by Samsung

This new project from tech giant Samsung isnā€™t tangible: itā€™s the name of a new Artificial Intelligence (AI) project to create life-like ā€œartificial humansā€ called Neons. Neons go far beyond the capabilities of most AI services available today, with digital likenesses of humans that can speak, emote, and learn from different experiences. However, the company says that Neons are not intended to be all-knowing digital assistants like Appleā€™s Siri. Each Neon will have a different look and personality, with intended purposes such as teachers, salespersons, life coaches, financial advisors, and more. If the finished product is able to live up to the hype of the concept, it could be a game-changer for the service industry.

1 Like

Hi Clippy.

1 Like

The 12 Pro might make me break my habit of only upgrading every 2 years.

Yeap I need a new phone. My current android is buggered and I am in need of a replacement

I more like the idea of the mini phone. Just for ease of use. I dont need the realestate of a big phone.

1 Like