Apple's Latest

upgrade to Apple TV looks good.

upgrade to Apple TV looks good.

Sure does quoted from MacRumors

“Apple’s long-awaited fourth-generation Apple TV features an A8 processor and 32 to 64GB of storage, along with a touch-based remote control that doubles as a gaming controller. It has a brand new operating system, “tvOS,” which includes deep Siri integration and a full App Store. It will ship out to customers in late October.”

“Siri integration is a key part of the new Apple TV interface, as it lets users ask Siri to bring up content. It’s possible to search through multiple apps to find a TV show or movie, and at launch, supported apps include Netflix, iTunes, Hulu, HBO, and Showtime. Siri can answer questions about who’s starring in a movie, bring up extraneous information like the weather outside, and ask Siri to replay parts of a movie that were missed or fast forward through content. For example, asking Siri “What did she say?” will rewind a movie 15 seconds and temporarily bring up subtitles.”

More here

Why not ‘throw’ your ipad screen just onto your tv?

Interesting that the iPhone now has a 3D interface.

Over 15 years ago (in the days of OS 8), Apple’s dev team created a 3D web browser. The internet was laid out in hyperbolic space, so you could start from one point and migrate visually/spatially through the most related sites to anywhere else on the web. It is still the coolest thing I have seen on the internet, and was way ahead of its time. There is still nothing like it, at least AFAIK.

I reckon even if I got an apple wotch I’d still pull my phone out to check the time. Im not sold on wearable tech yet, specailly if there are battery issues. Its probably more a fashion statement at the moment. I really really would ike tech implanted. Would save a lot of time and make millionaire hotseat and absolute piece of ■■■■

Ordered the 6s Plus through Telstra today.

About to update to iOS9.

what is different in this? the font? and the already hideously annoying menu at the far left

9 is meant to be cleaning up all the bugs and stuff of 8 and improving performance.

supposedly.

I don’t like the way the keyboard changes from upper case to lower case. It’s annoying.

Siri in iOS 9 is terrible, it was neve great but it is woeful since the update, any suggestions?

Siri in iOS 9 is terrible, it was neve great but it is woeful since the update, any suggestions?

Buy a Mac

iOs 9 isn’t terrible, it just doesn’t seem to have added many good things or fixed many bad things.
Extra panels/tabs in the music and podcast apps are next to useless.

The multi-tasking seems a lot better.

The multi-tasking seems a lot better.

El Capitan is really fast

I won’t get my internet till Tuesday, and one thing I’ve noticed today is that mobile internet suffers really badly in a tourist town on a holiday weekend. I haven’t been able to connect via my Telstra mobile broadband since 9 this morning.

It’ll be interesting next March when the Folk Festival is on,

I’ll load up El Capitan Tuesday.

Is El Capitan being a ■■■■■■■ for people to download?
Mines been going for a few hours and only 400mb of 6Gb has been downloaded so far.

Is El Capitan being a ■■■■■■■ for people to download? Mines been going for a few hours and only 400mb of 6Gb has been downloaded so far.

Was for me at first, stopped it, deleted the file out off apps and launch pad, had it down in 37 minutes.

Is El Capitan being a ■■■■■■■ for people to download? Mines been going for a few hours and only 400mb of 6Gb has been downloaded so far.

Was for me at first, stopped it, deleted the file out off apps and launch pad, had it down in 37 minutes.

Did that.
Slowed to a halt 2Gb in.
Think I’ll just let it keep going.