Apple's Latest

Supposedly has something to do with damaged ocean cables to (is it?) Malaysia.
My download took more than 14 hours and I’ve got cable internet with 30Mbps!
Even updating apps on my phone took longer than normal.

Mine got to about 2GB in no time then slowed to a crawl. I let it go overnight and it was done the next morning, so presumably had picked up speed again at some point.

It seems to be working OK. My iMac is 6 years old, and I may be getting toward the time when I stop updating the OS, but I’m not there yet.

Anyone else still having a few bugs since the IOS 9.whatever updates starting coming down?
Now whenever I go to look at a photo/vid on twitter, if there’s the slightest movement it freezes and shifts perspective all the way around (like I’m twisting the phone). Which is not a killer but certainly is annoying.

anyone else having lag issues mirroring from OS X to apple tv? I tried playing an mp4 on Saturday and it was unwatchable, jittery crap. phone to atv is fine. I’m on El Capitan and ATV3 on latest software. frustrating as hell. I’ve tried disabling Bluetooth, firewall, restting everything, different players (VLC) all to no avail.

Anyone else still having a few bugs since the IOS 9.whatever updates starting coming down? Now whenever I go to look at a photo/vid on twitter, if there's the slightest movement it freezes and shifts perspective all the way around (like I'm twisting the phone). Which is not a killer but certainly is annoying.

I’ve noticed my phone doing that a lot more than usual too. Usually I could be on my phone and then put it down with no hassles but now the movement of putting it down moves the screen.

I got an iPhone 6s a couple of weeks ago. I like it much better than the 5s it replaced, but I can’t say it sets my soul on fire. Then again, it’s a phone, it’s supposed to make phone calls and it does that very well.

It’s also a lot better since I got a silicon case for it and it stopped slipping out of my pocket every time I sat down.

Lubrication is very important

Anyone else still having a few bugs since the IOS 9.whatever updates starting coming down? Now whenever I go to look at a photo/vid on twitter, if there's the slightest movement it freezes and shifts perspective all the way around (like I'm twisting the phone). Which is not a killer but certainly is annoying.

I’ve noticed my phone doing that a lot more than usual too. Usually I could be on my phone and then put it down with no hassles but now the movement of putting it down moves the screen.

When my android started doing that (when it was about 3 years old) I started looking at replacements. Assume it's just video processor/s not coping. This one's not quite a year old...

Some small feedback for iPad 2 users: iOS 9 is a tad faster and more stable on my iPad 2 than iOS 7 and 8 ever were.

Safari still carks it when there is HTML 5 video played, though, as has been the case since iOS 7.

Slow to post lately. LOVING my 6S. Screaming fast. Great battery life. Love the camera. Getting used to ForceTo… I mean “3D Touch”.

Took a bit of getting used to the extra width (thats what she said) but getting there.

I haven’t noticed any issues whatsoever. I don’t fart around too much with settings or anything though. Heaps of apps.

I haven't noticed any issues whatsoever. I don't fart around too much with settings or anything though. Heaps of apps.

I think its more the type of app than any settings, I remember the afl live app (better one than afl made app) would always crash my phone for a while on ios7.

Moved from a 6 plus to a 6s plus, it’s like a totally diff… Actually the only difference I can tell is my old one was gold and this one is grey lol.

It’s a bit faster.

I went from 5s to 6s plus a month back.

The size is a big difference but I like that I have a bigger font.

Touch ID seems a lot faster now.

I never really notice speed…it’s fast enough!

New AppleTV could be an XBox/PS killer… in time.

New AppleTV could be an XBox/PS killer... in time.
Still haven't bothered with Apple TV. I got a Minix a few months ago. Apart from it being on an Android platform (meaning I can't bring over my purchased Apps from Apple), it works an absolute treat. Plus I've got most of my TV shows and movies on external hard drives so it works well with the Minix.

It was ■■■■■■ expensive, but it does more than the WDLive box that I was using beforehand.

iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. Don’t need, but want. Want so bad.

That's the most Linux thing I've read on here.

Mobile gaming has already overtaken console gaming in revenue. There are a ton of games being developed for iOS and Android platforms, and SFA for XBox and PS.

Mobile gaming has already overtaken console gaming in revenue. There are a ton of games being developed for iOS and Android platforms, and SFA for XBox and PS.

Mobile gaming’s a lot more monetised, let me know when anyone sits down to a good Angry Birds session.

Mobile gaming is a very, very different market to actual gaming.