Approaching Unwanted Milestone

If making a GF is considered as the benchmark of a reasonable season, then Essendon is fast headed towards it’s longest stretch between Grand Finals in it’s history. The current run, 2002-2016* eclipses the 14 seasons of doing something else on the last day in September between 1969-82 and if the shiteness continues into 2017, the club will equal the bleak 16 years between 1025-40.

15 years is a long time. Too long.

*season not over. Yet…

jyesut5brq3y5;uqpe’4t

sigh

If making a GF is considered as the benchmark of a reasonable season, then Essendon is fast headed towards it's longest stretch between Grand Finals in it's history. The current run, 2002-2016* eclipses the 14 seasons of doing something else on the last day in September between 1969-82 and if the shiteness continues into 2017, the club will equal the bleak 16 years between 1025-40.

15 years is a long time. Too long.

*season not over. Yet…

And William the conqueror was just around the corner too … the 11th century entirely sucked balls!!

Such a long time ago.

I’m more worried about copping the spoon for the first time since 1933 right now. God I hope we beat freo tonight

I'm more worried about copping the spoon for the first time since 1933 right now. God I hope we beat freo tonight
But it would come with an asterisk. Carlton spoons of 2002 + 05 and 06 were won fair and square.

No-one except current diehards will ever use the asterisk and a few years from now, no-one apart from current diehards and history buffs will ever remember this AFL-imposed tragedy.