ASADA Drama - The Thread

Because idiots keep ruining everything for everyone we've gone to extreme lengths.

Guests can see the Hangar board. Members can see this board, and reply in this thread but not make new topics.

Every time you idiots can't leave the personal insults or "I'm going to post the same thing 100 times" out of this thread, it gets locked at a mod's discretion.

Also, because this topic is like a magnet for Reboot's ban hammer, you post in here at your own risk. No one is forcing you to post here.

That said, discuss. Like grown ups.

"I see losing premiership points is something that goes along with cheating. And I don't think we have cheated." James Hird.

I agree.

Because idiots keep ruining everything for everyone we've gone to extreme lengths.

Guests can see the Hangar board. Members can see this board, and reply in this thread but not make new topics.

Every time you idiots can't leave the personal insults or "I'm going to post the same thing 100 times" out of this thread, it gets locked at a mod's discretion.

Also, because this topic is like a magnet for Reboot's ban hammer, you post in here at your own risk. No one is forcing you to post here.

That said, discuss. Like grown ups.

Social media,by any means support the club,players,coach and staff. Positive pressure, WE ARE ESSENDON!!!

Did I miss something?

Are we being investigated?

Not to worry, I’m sure it will be over quickly!

I really hope that JH’s amazing presser last night galvanises our negotiating team. There is no way on God’s earth he should have to stand down. We must not give in.

I still think he needs to stand aside temporarily, we need to get points and picks both off the table though.

So is this all going to go down tomorrow?

I don’t want Hirdy to stand down. It would look bad and tarnish his career

Did the storm coach get stood down when they were punished?

*edit* never mind, no he didn't.

I still think he needs to stand aside temporarily, we need to get points and picks both off the table though.

I'm not sure I agree but I will admit that's coming from a basis of sheer ■■■■■■-mindedness rather than any particularly logical or cogent argument.

Then again, a three month suspension that starts the day after our season ends could possibly, maybe, in some form be vaguely acceptable as long as the AFL were forced to publicly state that it was purely for governance issues and nothing else and woe betide the media if they say otherwise. I'm sure the other coaches can handle all the fitness stuff in the pre-Christmas training sessions. Hirdy can sit back at home and work on game plans or even better, take his wife and kids on a nice long holiday.

James Hird = leader of mortals

Amzaing man.

Can't wait to see hm and Jobe lift the cup one day

So is this all going to go down tomorrow?

That seems to be the vibe

Disagree

He's the heart and soul of our club - dump him and we're an empty shell

Could be the strangest year next year if he is stood down.

Imagine we make top 4 under Goodwin and then make a prelim. How could we reinstate him?

or if it goes the the other way. We could flop knowing we are treading water hence wasting one of the last years of Jobe and BJ.

It's a massive punishment either way. 

After listening to Little, it looks like if James refuses to resign, we lose this years points.  My betting if he steps down, $2.5 million,  picks, if not $2.5 million, picks, points. 

If he refuses to step down, then the lawsuit plays out, and he continues coaching until its resolved. 

Drama ?

Asada ?

Have I missed something?

I agree. And I think hirdy knows that too. I just get the feeling he will sacrifice himself for 6 mths maybe 12 so we keep our picks and or points

While also bending the AFL over in court

After listening to Little, it looks like if James refuses to resign, we lose this years points.  My betting if he steps down, $2.5 million,  picks, if not $2.5 million, picks, points. 

If he refuses to step down, then the lawsuit plays out, and he continues coaching until its resolved. 

It's otherwise know as extortion. How can the penalty vary so wildly? If I get caught speeding I don't get a ■■■■■■ choice of punishments. It's so obvious that this is just to appease the masses.

Still, it doesn't matter, only Essendon supporters understand this, the rest have us down as drug cheats and I'm sick of arguing with them. I'm not sure how C'wood are handling us taking the "most hated" crown from them, I'm tipping they will do something stupid pretty soon to regain it.

I can see a supreme court writ / injunction being issued tomorrow to the AFL unless they back down. One that would stop them from taking the punitive measures they have outlined. lt isn't the only way forward, but it looks increasingly like we need to call the AFL out on this. We are not calling their bluff, because they are not bluffing, but we have to take the initiative here. The points are sacrosanct, or else this year has been for less than nothing. 

Good move Rolo and others.