Assistant Coaches

I’d say set in media.

He’s not the one you want anyway. Enright, Corey and Scarlett appears to be the assistants you should be chasing from that era.

1 Like

I would chase Jimmy in a heartbeat.

He’s honest, articulate and obviously knows football.

1 Like

It’s more a desire thing, he likes the TV gig.

1 Like

I don’t think we can afford them we are doing extensions.

He’s also a director at GWS.

1 Like

New forwards coach?

Get him in!

3 Likes

campbell brown never helped a team mate, let alone an opponent.

Just saw that. Pretty good stuff from Roughy and I’ve always found it hard to hate him despite playing for those kents.

6 Likes

What would Clarko say?

I’d take him in a heartbeat. The guys had a tough career, gone through a lot, many injuries and cancer. He is so humble as well as he has been a champion of that team.

He certainly wouldn’t put up with any prima donnas either.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be too many player saying things are too hard to him. He’d just laugh and say try playing with cancers and doing chemo.

Just sack the current lot - useless!

Regardless of what happens with Worsfold, I think we need to breathe some new life into the playing group and expose them to some new ideas.

Kelly and Rutten are the two that I’d keep. Wouldn’t be surprised if Kelly went elsewhere (Geelong) at the end of the year.

Previously I’ve been pro-Skipworth but I think his time has come too, time for him to try and find some success coaching his own team at a lower level.

I’d be doing everything I could to convince Hodge to become an assistant. Roughead and Burgoyne look likely to go into coaching as well, both would likely be good development coaches.

Corrigan needs to go, the forward line has been pathetic since his been in charge.

4 Likes

I read a quote from Clarson that talked about the importance of churn in the coaching ranks, not just for the sake of it, but to foster development of the coaches but also to bring freshness to the coaching of the players.

We need to get rid of Harvey and Skipworth at the end of the season, at least, they have been here far too long and are not offering enough.

7 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

Glad to see people finally starting to see the true worth of Skipworth. If ever a bloke has made a life out of being a fraud

Yeah but have you seen him cook?

I think that is a little unfair, a number of players have spoken of his ability to coach, including Smith.

He did a pretty good job with developing our forwardline structure and had them playing very well as a group. The problem was they moved him from there (due to development for him as a coach) and put him in the middle, that hasn’t worked. They should have kept him as forwards coach. Now that they haven’t it is time to move on and get in someone new.

I wouldn’t be adverse to the club going after Roughy if he retires as expected.