At the movies - From the couch

imo it didn’t quite make it up the ramp into “so bad it’s good” territory, staying stranded in “bad”

1 Like

One of the best bad movies ever made.

1 Like

I feel that I have, but the synopsis isnt ringing any bells.

One of my favourite bad movies is an obscure one called China Moon. It has Ed Harris starring as the lead (which is why I watched it, ill watch anything with him in it).

Utterly cliched romantic thriller, poorly acted by almost everyone, plot so bizzare but predictable you can smell the ending a mile away. I have a fetish for movies set in hot climates/ rain where people are visibly sweating or wet- so I enjoyed it for that alone.

1 Like

Top Gun Maverick is the best.

5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

The cgi in that looks appalling- you’d hope they brush that up before release

Yep, we all know Ford is 76 years old. No need to try and dress that up.

Just take my money now!!

Looks awesome

Mass mikkalson playing a nazi, he is going to be great!!

One of my guilty pleasures has always been seeing Indy punch people and the noise it makes. Best punching noise ever.

3 Likes

Are these flogging the dead horse yet?

3 Likes

No.

Lol.
Could have just said ‘callback.’

Ok. Maybe it’s just me.

Looks very good. Pretty much the only marvel film now I have any interest in

Is He-Man in this one??

Crystal Skull was such a disappointment that it permanently damaged the specific part of my brain responsible for movie sequel hype.

I’m probably still going to see this new one, but my expectations are rock bottom.

2 Likes

There’s still too much CGI, but there seems to be at least some…whatchamacallit…actual stunt work…
The director for Indy should have been Tarantino or George Miller.

Mangold will knock it out of the park

George miller is an interesting shout for a movie like this

Tarantino would be an absolute disaster imo

1 Like

Purely for their insistence on real stunt work.
I don’t know why you’d put one single second of CGI in an Indy movie.

Edit: but yeah, I don’t want to hear Indy doing Tarantino dialogue. I get that.

Edit: edit: I mean for the action sequences. Obviously you give a pass for the leap of faith at the end of 3.

1 Like

Yeah fair call. I just don’t think Tarantino is capable of pulling off big exciting action and adventure set pieces in a movie like this

Mangold is very good at character stuff as well as set pieces. It does look like there is too much CGI in the trailer, but I’m going to hold fire until I see the actual thing. I think little bits of CGI are fine with movies like this, but they can take it way too far like in Indy 4

1 Like