At the movies - From the couch

Who’s showing it?

That was on Binge.

1 Like

Cheers, be into it tomorrow. Rain forecast :wink:

1 Like

I thought dial of destiny was pretty good.
I may watch it again just for fun.

1 Like

Worth running through Gary Oldman’s work. Phenomenal actor.

1 Like

Have you watched Slow Horses.

1 Like

He’s good in that. I thought he was ridiculous as Churchill – the amount of plastic attached to his face was grotesque. He was terrible as George Smiley too.

But he’s perfect as Jackson Lamb.

3 Likes

Cocaine Bear has just dropped on Netflix. Will watch asap.

3 Likes

Crank 2…. No idea how to describe what I just watched, but a great Friday night movie, may require a few drinks!

2 Likes

I watched Cuban Fury today. It’s a comedy, with Nick Frost, Chris O’Dowd, Olivia Colman, Rashida Jones and a few other familiar faces!
Bruce (Nick) was a childhood salsa champion, dancing with his sister Sam (Olivia), until one night when he is mugged and belittled and decides to give it away.
25 years on, he decides to take it up again to win over his new boss Julia (Rashida). His colleague Drew (Chris) is also keen on her.
Not the greatest of movies, but a bit of fun, and was different seeing Chris O’Dowd as an unlikeable character!

I love the crank films. They are utterly ridiculous and insane but so much fun

1 Like

Calvary…with Chris O’Dowd, Brendan Gleeson, Dylan Moran and Aiden Gillen

3 Likes

Just saw The Creator. Loved it, great sci fi movie, great action, really good story.

John Washington sounds exactly like his dad when he yells.

2 Likes

Unfortunately has none of the charisma or acting chops.

I’ll probably go see this tomorrow. Not expecting much. Edwards’ films tend to look spectacular but are generally really hollow on character and script.

Watched Flora and Son on Apple TV last night. I enjoyed it. Eve Hewson is very good - I also really liked her in Bad Sisters which is an Apple TV series.

3 Likes

xXx - VIN Deisel

Only halfway through, but it’s madness. ‘Extreme sports athlete turned secret agent’ so that just pretty much sums up the entire movie. Can’t wait to watch the sequels.

1 Like

I watched it last night also. It’s a cute movie. Recommend.

3 Likes

I did not realise that she was Bono’s daughter.

Black Hawk Down - got some big names in it.

It’s one of the better battle movies, yet still suffers from Hollywoods touch. Why is there always a tough talking American or Italian decent that just walks around barking orders, but never gets (fatally) shot?

The scenes appear quite lifelike and the cityscape is pretty amazing.

8/10

1 Like

You have seen number 1 right? Thats the best one imo