At the movies

Seems a bit Professionally…

I saw the devil is a truly horrific experience.

10/10 movie though.

fk thaaaaat.

I always look forward to any movie from the Alien series.
I might be watching this one on my own though, my wife absolutely hated Prometheus

3 Likes

Finally got around to watching Interstellar yesterday. Such a good movie.

6 Likes

oh my. thisll be good

Saw Hacksaw Ridge. The first half l thought l was watching a Nicholas Sparks movie, from the acting to the dialogue. Second half was much improved though.

Manchester by the Sea

Very good movie but quite bleak, and you need to know that going in.
It doesn’t pretend to be anything it can’t be, if that makes sense.

I can understand why Affleck won the Oscar, though I didn’t consider him in that class until now.

I thought he was good in “the assasination of Jesse James” and “gone baby gone”. So l have rated him before.

2 Likes

:frowning:

3 Likes

Logan

Saw it last night.
Let me precurse this by saying that I’m a Super Hero fan, have always been.

Logan is possibly the best SH movie I’ve seen. It is at least up there with the better ones. Hugh Jackman is excellent - what a fine actor he is. And so is Stewart. Nothing else really matters - those two make the movie. Good, solid story line and great action scenes without them being ridiculous (relatively). I think both have claimed that this will be their last.

If you’re a fan of this genre - go see it.

9.2/10

3 Likes

Loved that movie , affleck was great

A little bit different, but still with a movie involved, last night we saw Jurassic Park with the Melbourne Symphony orchestra. My god it was brilliant!!! The screen was a bit small so thankfully we were only 8 rows back, but also meant we were close to the orchestra. Hearing the soundtrack to a movie being playing live in front of you is a spine tingling feeling. Especially when you see them fly up to the island at the start.

They’ve started doing these a fair bit lately. I think There Will Be Blood is coming up soon which would be brilliant.

Oh and Logan was a brilliant movie. Such a perfect way to “end” Hugh Jackmans run.

2 Likes

l always wanted to see the Abel Gantz 1905 version of Napoleon with the Me;b. symphony orchestra playing the original score. Sadly, l missed that one.

Interesting. I actually gave up on that movie after about 30 mins, which is rare for me, but I was really struggling with bordom. Perhaps it’s worth another shot, but I wont be watching the beginning again

1 Like

Saw Allied last night, movie was pretty rubbish. Drawn out rubbish…could have been done in 30 mins…so much stuff in there that was not needed

I just find Marion Cotillard so watchable. I quite enjoyed the film.

1 Like

Yeah made the movie watchable.