At the movies

Ricky Gervais gets you that excited ??

2 Likes

Which is the “right” cut of the original to watch?

Directors for mine.

2 Likes

Getting a bit excited that this might actually be good.

Cool there is a slim chance it migght make lumber jackets fashionable again Im all for it

I think it’s time for someone to tap Ridley Scott on the shoulder and tell him to stop making alien films. He hit the first one out of the park but his last 2 have been very poor o say the least

While covenant isn’t as bad a Prometheus, it’s still bang average

Watched Get Out, mostly predictable.

I really enjoyed Prometheus. Saw it at Imax and have watched it again a couple of times on Blu-ray.

Agree with Gillsy.

Prometheus is a decent standalone movie, and better than Covenant IMO.

AND…WHOTHEFARK decided it was a good idea to cast Danny McBride in an Alien movie…FFS

Comic Relief?

Nope, it wasn’t a ‘Hudson’ type role.

Another comparison between Prometheus and Covenant was that I found the female lead in Prom (played by Noomi Rapace) far more interesting and engaging, than the female lead in Covenant (Katherine Waterston).

Fassbender is great in both movies !

Covenant is watchable, but fkme, as a fan of the franchise, I was disappointed with it…

6/10

1 Like

writer from sicario?

HELL YES.

I would go for the Final Cut, with the original commercial release (with voiceover) as next best and Director’s cut third. The voiceover was added because without it the plot was very difficult to follow without it and I didn’t find it as annoying as some critics. I had already seen the original before I saw Director’s, but I think that would have been extremely difficult if you didn’t know the basic plot already. The Final Cut had no voiceover but I think was clear enough to follow.

Hmmm. Dunno about that. I’ll probably watch it because I like the original so much, but I won’t be expecting a lot.

GotG2

Watched it, low expectations, was a good laugh, worth watching.

7.5/10

Agree with everything but for mine it’s a 5/10

Watch once could not give a ■■■■ about doing so again.

King Arthur. A Guy Ritchie action movie set in Arthurian mythology. If you like guy Ritchie this is for you. Otherwise don’t bother.

7/10 unlike gotg 2 I want to see it again

I don’t know what the big idea is having huge casts of Alien fodder. His first movie was 7 characters. The last two have been a bunch of people I couldn’t give a rat’s tossbag about. The main chick in Covenant did my head in with her big watery eyes the whole time.

And the Alien used to be scary because it was killing off smart-ish people or foiling a plan.Now it’s just killing of spastics. Like at the end of Covenant there was two perfect meat bags to have a good chase/death scene at the hands of the old school Alien but no, quick boring deaths because they have no brain.

Interesting suggestion.
Is there an argument that the more intelligent the villain or monster, the scarier they are?
Is that why the original Raptors are scarier than the T-Rex?
Is Lecter ‘scarier’ than Michael and Jason?

Hmmm. Just thought of Alien vs Predator vs Terminator.
Alien would come last on that intelligence list, but are scarier.

1 Like