At the movies

Watching Man of Steel with my Grandkids.

They want to know how Superman cuts his hair and shaves.

Anything creative to offer?

Angle grinder would do the trick

Kryptonite blades?

Make sure they both go into Science fields … that is the sort of question that tells you they’d do well there.

As Dr Karl says, …It’s not the Answer that gets you the Nobel Prize, it’s the Question…

laser beams

He has normal body but just much stronger through the radiation of the sun. That is the best i can come up with

He gets a mirror and reflects his own heat vision onto his facial hair.

No questions on how he flies, eyes that melt steel etc, that was just accepted as true and normal.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for that.

I will now return to my pedestal as wise Grandpa.

Kryptonians can’t grow beards and their hair only grows to a perfectly manicured length.

Would’ve been a better film if he kept the awesome beard.

Oh that’s right, he had a beard, didn’t he?

Grizzly adams did have a beard

1 Like

Saw Spiderman, was ok. Nothing special though

Positives:
Very very funny. Laughed out loud multiple times
Michael Keaton- stole every scene he was in. Best marvel villain for a long time
Donald Glover
Peter’s Asian friend

Cons:
No real stakes, no much emotion stakes in the movie (the little bits that did have it were the best parts)
Action scenes- nothing that hasn’t been done better in previous films
Spiderman costume/suit

End of credits scene, very very clever- but annoying at the same time

As a comedy it was top notch. As a action film it was pretty poor. Wasn’t awful but wasn’t memorable either.

Thought Spiderman was average. Not bad, not great, but a forgettable way to pass time. Felt like they were influenced by Deadpool too much with the attempt at comedy and smart-assery but it didn’t hit often and they didn’t have the R-rating.

Micheal Keaton is a good villain, the best friend was funny at times, but Spiderman/action seemed way too CGI heavy with him flipping everywhere, was more overdone than the originals and there didn’t seem to be anything at stake due to how invincible he was. I actually thought it wasn’t even in the top few Spiderman movies. I actually thought Batman v Superman was better than this, although that took itself way too seriously.

1 Like

Went and took the Mrs to “It Comes At Night” this afternoon and must say that it was pretty good.

Intriguing and thrilling.

Joel Edgerton is amazing as per usual.

I enjoyed it, but only if classified under a ‘turn up and enjoy a film whilst mining a bucket of popcorn’ over an action film

For example, watching Keaton as a protective father grill peter in the car > watching the action scenes

Is Donald Glover the son of Danny?

1 Like

Agree. That scene in the car was by far the best part of the film

Looking forward to seeing baby driver later this week so much.

1 Like