At the movies

Hitmanā€™s bodyguard . Not a bad action flick. A role that suits Samuel l Jackson dialling it in.

The Dark Tower

Pretty disappointed, really. I loved the Gunslinger books many years ago. I guess it was too much to ask for.

6/10

Iā€™ve just come back from Europe on a long flight and watched various films.

Ran, Japanese, directed Akiro Kurosawa. Genuine classic: a version of Shakespeareā€™s King Lear. Long, but excellent.

Lincoln Lawyer. Seen it before but it was good enough to watch again and it was still great.

The Hours. OK, itā€™s an arty-farty film, but I think it is truly great.

Alien Covenant. Ridley Scott should just have said no. Load of crap.

Going to take the mrs to see the new IT movie tomorrow.

Looking forward to it.

Have tickets for Saturday night. Should be fun

Horror just does nothing for me.

but im a sucker for a triller.

Saw Logan Lucky on the weekend, really enjoyed it. Daniel Craig was excellent in his role and Soderbergh did a good job producing it

According to the mrs, it is an origin story where it is all about what happens to them as kids and it isnā€™t about them growing up and reliving it all and reflecting like it did in the original, where it really ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  the bed IMO.

The original movie had the potential to be so good IMO and Iā€™m not sure whether or not it was the same in the book (Iā€™ve never read the book) but if it was, it was almost as if Stephen King just went: ā€œYeah. Thatā€™ll do.ā€ and couldnā€™t really be arsed coming up with a proper ending.

But, I digress.

Regardless, Iā€™m looking forward to it very much!

In the book, it begins with them all as children.

Birdman.

Check out the bar scene when Keaton tears strips off the theatre critic, when i first seen it i immediately thought of swsnbn having a drink at some dingy bar during the saga.

5 Likes

Eggsfarkinzackerly.

I kid you not, I had the exact same thought when I saw it.

2 Likes

Soā€¦The Snowman?

puts hand up

Looks like everyone did.

To me the snowman doesnā€™t seem horror. For me at least horror seems to be borderline supernatural. Thrillers tho are completely different.

Another movie I saw recently was the cable Guy. I donā€™t think it deserves the rep it had. A different take on the obsessive stalker for mine.

Also thereā€™s something Bout Mary last night. Havenā€™t seen that for a long time. Great comedy.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t get into birdman just seemed like a movie made to saturate the industys pretentiousness

Yeah, you said you prefer thrillers, soā€¦

Thrillers further up the genre tag than horror.