At the movies

You are almost right, Lance Henrickson is not a b grade actor, he is probably the greatest “character actor” of all time, Millennium is one of the greatest shows of all time, and still holds up with some of the best horror of all time, movie or TV.

3 Likes

Lance makes everything he is in better, one of the greats of our times.

1 Like

He doe play some very good roles. I was being a bit tongue in cheek.

Was that oil from a real snake or a manufactured one?

1 Like

I loved him in aliens

I dunno. I feel like if I wrote some ■■■■■■ B-action/horror movie and put out a worldwide casting call Henriksen would be the first person to respond.

1 Like

bladerunner was 1 hour too long.

I would say about 2 hours 44 minutes.

1 Like

Just saw it today. Thought it was great. Not sure which film you watched.

The gun battles I saw plenty of people got hit. Gosling’s character nailed about 12 people. Never missed.
The car landed outside the sea wall which was built to keep out rising sea levels. This was shown/made quite clear in a couple of scenes that flew over the landscape. They didn’t crash on land, they crashed on the man made structure.
I thought the pacing was excellent. Like a rubber band. The tension would stretch you, the space would allow you to relax, then snap, ratchet up the tension again.
No character was wasted in building the story or atmosphere. Though I would say Robin Wright was the weakest link.
The film Her was the last to do justice to the relationship between a ‘human’ and AI. Blade Runner did just as well.

6 Likes

Have you seen Ex Machina?
Decent.
But then I like low budget films.

3 Likes

Yeah have seen it. It’s when I finally understood the buzz around Oscar Isaac. His performance was very good.

Finally got around to Spiderman Homecoming. My god it was ■■■■. Im putting it up there with the likes of Daredevil, Elektra, Eric Bana’s Hulk it was that rubbish.

For starters, It never agreed with me having a teenage pre-puberty spiderman over Andrew Garfield who IMO was the best spiderman. But it just was cringeworthy in general. Michael Keaton as the Vulture was meh. The fact they never referred to him as the Vulture made you guess who he was.

The love interest was never referred to in any Spiderman comics that I recall. The older fans recognise Gwen as the original love interest before MJ.

What a way to kill a series.

The Foreigner

Action movie, with a very old-looking Jackie Chan.
No real surprises here, but not as bad as some of these kind of flicks. Has no comedic value,m which is replaced with a particularly sad and dour theme.

6.7/10

I’ve never seen so much wrong in one post on Blitz.

1 Like

OH COME ON!!!

Almost as bad as saying Iron Man 3 was good.

garfield spider best spider.

1 Like

What was wrong with my post? List them.

In the comics Spiderman is an adult, not a teenager. In the comics his love interests are Gwen before he hooks up with MJ not this Michelle sheila.

It was just meh in general apart from his Wittiness and sense of humour but if you compared it to the action that was in Andrew Garfield’s Amazing Spiderman series and Toby McGuire’s Spidermans, you cannot honestly say that Homecoming is better…

From best to worst actors to don the Spider suit - Garfield (best), McGuire, then Holland.

Only decent thing is the Marisa Tomei as Aunt May.