At the movies

Just read the latest Jack Reacher. It runs to type where some minor event triggers Jack investigating an apparent wrong done to someone he has empathy with, but does not know from Adam.

But all the way through, instructions are sent to various miscreants describing him as Bigfoot because he’s such a big bloke.

They might have to skip this one, or this reference, for Tom Cruise, or it will be perceived as a comedy.

1 Like

Umm, No.

Should’ve been Jeffrey Dean Morgan dammit

Big Head might work.

Littlefoot? Flatfoot?

I recently mentioned that film in a post. My fav scene is the dinner scene

Yeah, there were some really good scenes in it. I thought it had some faults though. My favourite scene was the car park scene.

I love these books, I only started on these recently and I’m up to book 11 already…
They are all the same but I still love them!!
To read them and how Jack is described it’s like the opposite of Tom Cruise

1 Like

Saw Suburbicon tonight. Very black comedy written by George Clooney and the Coen Brothers and directed by Clooney.

Stars Matt Damon and Julianne Moore playing twin sisters.

It’s a 1950s American ideal suburbia…which naturally means no blacks.

Until a black family moves in.

Meanwhile Matt Damon organises a hit on his wife, played by one of the Moores, and refuses to pay whereupon countless people connected with him are getting killed everywhere. Bit of Fargo Redux.

The local racists are causing mayhem to the black family, making loud noise all night, wrecking their car, planting Confederate flags on their window.

But, of course, none of all these murders happened until the blacks moved in.

Not too subtle, but amusing enough.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever been as “what the hell??!?!?!!” in a movie scene as when the elevator doors open.

Where did you watch it?
It’s not out in Vic yet?

I don’t want to do a Deckham, but dude…spoilers.
I love Cohen Bros films, intend to see this, and you’ve given away several plot points that weren’t in the trailer.

2 Likes

This is the basic theme of the film. I’m not sure they’re spoilers. You do realise very quickly what’s going on. And I doubt this will spoil the enjoyment of the film.

And Deckham, I’m in Sydney this weekend and I saw it at the Palace on Broadway. Some new shopping complex in a centre that’s got a lot of greenery on the outside, so quite close to Central.

He makes a habit of it.

I just shook my head again in disbelief and stopped reading as he did it again.

1 Like

So against recommendation, I saw Justice League tonight.
Meh…wasn’t terrible. Wasn’t great.
spoiler alert
Good triumphs over evil.
Whaddayaknow.
For me, the most interesting thing about it, was I just realised how much this Superman looks like my son.

6.5/10

Do people actually watch superhero movies?

3 Likes

No, those billions and billions of dollars they’ve made at the box office is with just Monopoly money.

Edit: Marvel movies alone have grossed about $13.5 billion to date… then there’s X-Men series, DC, etc.

2 Likes

They will keep making them as long as people keep watching them.

Thank god for Fincher, Villenueve, PTA, Inarittu, J-H Bon, H-J Na, Nolan, Ceylan, J-W Kim and the Coen bros.

Good films still get made but not by the Hollywood factory.

1 Like

A few years old now, but I enjoy this every time I watch it.
Keira Knightley is a delight to watch, and not just for the obvious reasons.
Mark Ruffalo is the standout with this performance though.
Killer soundtrack which I purchased immediately off ITunes.

Adam Levine provides the eye candy for female viewers, and what a voice ?
Feel good movie :+1:

Recommend…

IMG_2162

1 Like

Some people like fun.

3 Likes