At the movies

Fantastic, thanks for posting.

I agree. Very enjoyable movie.

Cruise did such a good job making his (crooked) character likeable and engaging that I was secretly hoping heā€™d get away with it. This was despite knowing how the story ended.

They put all the half decent parts in the first half. After that chick got carried off by the birds and eaten by the mosasaurus it turned to legit ā– ā– ā– ā– .

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how Angelina Jolie messed up Unbroken so much but she did.

All the ingredients for a great film are there.

-the story of a lifetime.
-screenplay written by the Coen Bros.
-Camera work by possibly the greatest living cinematographer
-put together by one of the best editors in the game
-solid acting from a good young cast

Yet itā€™s as flat as can be. Could have and should have been a classic.

Anyone seen Nocturnal Animals ?

Was good, but the music score spoilt it.

Saw The Disaster Artist todayā€¦the whole audience was laughing and having a good timeā€¦I havenā€™t seen The Room, but it isnā€™t necessary to enjoy this film.

Excellent film.

Yes I enjoyed it too. The music spoilt it a bit for me, didnā€™t need to be so heavy.

The cast were fantastic.

Hard to imagine that Tom Ford is a film director and a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  good one.

Yeah when I saw it was Tom Ford thought there must be another Tom Ford, but no it was the fashion designer.

Hope he makes more movies.

1 Like

His first film is well worth tracking down.

OK, will google for his first movie, thanks.

1 Like

Just finished watching a M. Night Shyamalan film called The Visit. About some kids who go to visit their grandparents who they have never met before, the kids are told not too leave their room after 9.30pm, a found footage film that really works. Donā€™t think I will be sleeping too much tonightā€¦

M. Night Shyamalan is brilliant at creating tension

Director of Ex Machina + Natalie Portman Iā€™m there Day 1

5 Likes

If itā€™s half as good as Ex Machina itā€™s going to be well worth watching.

1 Like

Yeah, excited about that one.

Same here, ever since l saw a preview about 4 months ago.

With Disney buying Fox stuff (which includes the rights to X-Men, Fantastic 4, Deadpool, etc), does this mean we might finally start seeing decent quality films (except for Deadpool which was awesome) of those franchises now that they can go back under the Marvelā€™s universe?

Nothing can save fantastic 4