At the movies

Has he made a movie since ■■■■■■?

You are wrong :grinning:

Does it matter?

Who’s Villeneuve? Was he the director of those new age French films starring Jean-Paul Belmonda, Yves Montand like Breathless?

Wasn’t he an F1 driver, ok but Schumacher was better.

1 Like

He’s in current circulation.

Guy Ritchie Returns To ‘Lock, Stock’ & ‘■■■■■■’ Turf With ‘Toff Guys’ – Cannes

by Mike Fleming Jr
May 3, 2018 9:00am

Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and ■■■■■■. Ritchie will unveil in the Cannes market Toff Guys, a stylized and inherently British drama.

RelatedHot Cannes Package ‘355’: Jessica Chastain, Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, Fan Bingbing, Lupita…

Summit
Toff Guys will be the next film Ritchie directs, and will be one of the buzzier titles when CAA Media Finance and Rocket Science introduce it at next week to foreign and domestic buyers. Ritchie will produce, and he wrote the script with Marn Davies and Ivan Atkinson. Here’s what to expect, per insiders: Pic is set at the intersection of Sexy Beast and Downton Abbey, and follows a very English drug lord attempting to cash out on his highly profitable empire by selling it off to a dynasty of Oklahoma billionaires.

The propulsion is Ritchie’s signature hyper-real and high-energy shooting, with inherently English dialogue that is hard for some of us to understand as it’s delivered rapid-fire by fast-talking, quirky characters. The early films launched the careers of Jason Statham, Dexter Fletcher, Vinnie Jones, Jason Flemyng and a bunch of other blokes. That style collides with the American “Okies,” who bring a lyrical banter all their own as urban and rural lifestyles collide. Insiders said it’s “about old money, new money, and show me the money.”

screen gems
It’s a return to form for Ritchie, who’s been working squarely in the studio space with the Sherlock Holmes franchise, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., King Arthur and Aladdin, the Disney live-action adaptation of the animated classic that he just completed.

Ritchie is repped by CAA.

1 Like

■■■ get the band back together please, Ritchie. Statham, Vinnie Jones, get Del Toro and Dennis Farina back as well. Brick top…

1 Like

rocknrolla 2 til i die.

1 Like

I’ll give you Incendies and Sicario. Nothing else to say he’s a great director.

always knew i liked noonan, quality poster of a grammar nazi.

1 Like

Arrival was pretty ■■■■■■■ ok…

1 Like

Prisoners was top notch

Enemy was fkn weird. That spider scene wtf.

Polytechnique, Prisoners, Enemy and the incredible Arrival

You’re all comparing these Directors - but how much credit should they take for these films?

If they wrote the script, then fair enough…but if not…

Freak yes, where is that movie.

“They’ll be back in the REAL RocknRolla”

Well? We’re waiting?

I wouldn’t call it top-notch. Pretty warped, I thought.

Watching Blade stunner on the plane. I have absolutely no idea what is going on.

It’s a good movie to fall asleep to on a plane. It worked for me