At the movies

I thought the last scene of The Bicycle Thieves was a bit like that, when you realised a decent man and his decent family were just being screwed by an unjust world.

2 Likes

l have had this sort of conversation with a few others over the years: What was the first movie that ever made you cry? For many of my generation it was a Disney dog movie, "Old Yeller,ā€™ about a lab that saves a family from a rabid wolf. In the end Travis (Tommy Kirk) has to shoot the dog which is also infected with rabies. As a 6 or 7 year old l donā€™t mind admitting that l cried for a long time, huge sobs.

3 Likes

You ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . I cried for days after watching that!

3 Likes

Born free was a beauty.

The other couple that got me was the end of Charlotteā€™s Web (I was about 7 at the time I think.) and the Phar Lap miniseries. Animals seem to be the theme here.

4 Likes

Well blow me a tissue
Scene from Die Hard when Powell shoots the blonde haired freak coming back from the dead thus saving McClane.
Scene from Jerry Macguire you had me at hello.
Scene from 10 things I hate about you when sheā€™s reading the poem.
Scene from warhorseā€¦he never got a real race.
:joy::sleepy::drooling_face::sob:

I also had a lump in the throat with Freddy and his Dad.

2 Likes

I think I struggled to watch that to the end, it was so tough to watch what was happening to him.

Big Night is another one. Fantastic food movie, but I have struggled to rewatch it (we have the DVD) because I know they are going to get screwed over. But I have to do it to see again the feast he prepares.

yep - some of the scenes in LIFE and PLANET EARTH are difficult. A solo young gazelle hunted down by a pack and eaten to death.

so pretty much like when a new poster comes on to blitz

i cried a lot during Wonder.

2 Likes

I donā€™t why it is, but sad moments in cartoon movies get me choked up a lot of the time. Regular movies not so much.

Think Lion King, Up, Toy Story etc.

2 Likes

the end of number 3 i teared up. When he was saying goodbye to them all and drove off. Still canā€™t believe they are doing a 4th considering how they perfectly ended the trilogy

1 Like

Sponge bob movie, Garfieldā€¦

Homeward Bound. Boyz n the Hood.
Nothing else ever, though.
By which I mean pretty much everything.

1 Like

Surely you wouldā€™ve been inconsolable in Red Dog then?!

the end of the movie Only the Brave

1 Like

Life Is Beautiful

3 Likes

Dead Poets Society, gets me every time.

Edit: and The Green Mile

2 Likes

oh captain my captainā€¦thankyou boys

Eaten to death?

Killed and eaten?

We Are Marshall

Jerry MacGuire