At the movies

Random movie.
Office space

1 Like

Random good?

Yup, Office Space is a cult classic! Love it, very relatable movie.

1 Like

Learn how to Michael B Jordan, Cap

1 Like

STRING! STRING!

1 Like

What about Steve Buscemi, Alan Rickman and Ruetger Haur?

1 Like

Rickman was a big loss

2 Likes

The Wire

1 Like

Val Kilmer. Rubbish as the main lead, but brilliant in supporting roles. Top Gun, Willow, Kiss kiss bang bang, déjà vu, but especially Heat and Tombstone.

4 Likes

Are you forgetting Top Secret?
By far his best movie.

3 Likes

Out of my way, billy idol

Watched Creed 2 last night. Hard to give an unbiased review being Italian knowing this is the final time we’ll see Rocky as a character after 7 films (as per a recent Stallone interview).

You mean he’ll be dead

Saw Mortal Engines over the weekend. I haven’t read the book which is something I prefer to do for a movie based on a book. As a consequence I didn’t fully understand the back-story of some of the characters (zombie/robot thing in particular), and I felt there was not much character development to make you care about the characters themselves. The main character guy from London (not Hugo Weaving, the younger one, I can’t even remember his name) was a bit of a whiny ■■■■■ and I found it hard to care about him at all. The special effects were pretty good and the story was ok. 5.5/10.

I don’t know if Peter Jackson is planning on doing the other novels as well, but I would prefer he spends his time doing the long-overdue remake of The Dambusters instead.

2 Likes

I don’t often hold that there is a need for a remake, and the Dambusters is one I see no need for. I wonder what they’ll call the dog.

1 Like

I hope they call him Trigger.

What? And get him confused with Hopalong Cassidy’s horse?

You wouldn’t be the Lone Ranger, I guess.
But I was going for a slightly more modern definition.

Reminds me of a Kenny Everett Captain Kremmen joke. They needed some silver, but didn’t have any.

Q
what’s the closest thing to silver
A
the Lone Ranger’s a*se.

1 Like

Finally saw Creed on TV tonight. Really enjoyed it.

I also teared up
repeatedly. I’m getting really emotional in my dotage.

6 Likes