At the movies

l saw John Wick 1 and thought it was pretty pointless, just one long gratuitous scene of violence. l stopped watching after that one, as l am sure that the sequels will just be more of the same.

You know those couple of minutes in the first one, when no one died?
They fixed that in #2.

3 Likes

Killer credits as well l am guessing.

Iā€™ve never heard of John Wick, but Iā€™m safely assuming itā€™s pretty dumb

1 Like

As a connoisseur of bad films, I take issue with this.
Can I recommend Scouts Guide to a Zombie Apocalypse and Bring It On 4 to see some truly bad acting.

1 Like

Iā€™m certainly not against bad films, thereā€™d be precious little to watch if I were, but I generally have to be so hungover that Iā€™ve got jocks on my head Iā€™m eating two minute noodles uncooked to truly enjoy them.

I canā€™t be friends with anyone that doesnā€™t like John Wick.

The first John Wick really surprised me, enjoyed it alot. The second, not so much but the first was a good non thinking action film.

Underrated imo.

I think John Wick should be recognised for establishing the ā€˜gun punchā€™ as a thing in movies. Keanu is basically punching blokes in the head with his pistol and shooting them at the same time. And Iā€™m up for anything with Keanu in it also. I retract all my comments about bad movies.

All this talk about John Wick. Iā€™m watching it for the first time now.

ive got a mate called chris wicks.
hes not much like john wick.

1 Like

Ha ha, likewise. Straight after Boltā€™s match, ā€¦ so in about 15 mins by the looks.

1 Like

Just came back from this.
I went and did what I always try not to do - have high expectations. Like you, I enjoyed it till the last 15/20 minutes. Then I found myself trying to like it. I think they screwed up big time.

1 Like

Well, ā€¦ umm, ā€¦ that was, ā€¦

Was it a spoof? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Not as big a spoof as how you type.

1 Like

Please tell me that Black Panther being nominated for a best picture Oscar is a joke.

That award is becoming a farce.

Nope no joke

1 Like

Itā€™s ridiculous

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen it but why is it ridiculous?

it was critically and publicly acclaimedā€¦so both "the expertsā€™ and ā€œthe puntersā€ approved

97% approval on Rotten Tomatoes plus 79% audience approval

Is it because itā€™s a superhero movie (and we all know they canā€™t be any good)? :thinking: