At the movies

He should do some sort of self exploration flick, which for him would be taking a camera as he disappears up his own ar$e again

2 Likes

I love him, and have loved the majority of his movies but Iā€™m worried about this one. It sounds like it will be an irreverent lol at Hollywood in the 60s-70s, and d be into that as a concept, but I worry about how heā€™s going to work in the whole massacre angle (or whether itā€™s just an afterthought)

A Tarantino film on himself would involve a lot of feet and cocaine.

Thereā€™s always something to enjoy in his films, even the last couple which have been pretty bonkers, fever dream wish fulfilment silliness. This one looks a little more reserved and itā€™s a great setting. Of course Margot Robbieā€™s getting all the Oz attention but one of our best actors, the real deal, Iā€™m pretty sure is playing Charles Manson - Damon Herriman. Heā€™s done some very good stuff under the radar in the states. Heā€™s not as pretty as Margot. Blink and you miss him in the trailer but Iā€™m sure itā€™s him despite no credit.

The problem with most Tarantino films is theyā€™re so loud. Everyone shouts. And shouts the same thing 20 times. I havenā€™t seen them all, in fact only a few really, but the only one I have watched repeatedly is Jackie Brown. I like True Romance a lot, but he only wrote that and didnā€™t direct it. Pulp Fiction is pretty good.

Looks like a bunch of loud nothing. Arnie better be playing the human model of his robot, orā€¦who am I kidding?

I want it to be goodā€¦

2 Likes

Righto then

2 Likes

Too many reboots. They should have stopped after Terminator 2. Everything after that just detracted from how good T2 was.

Well, he has mentioned most of the good ones. Some are unwatchable unless you get off on F-words and N-words.

Yep. The Sarah Connors Chronicles featuring a pre Cersei Lannister Lena Headey actually became the best prequel/sequel of the lot, albeit without the budget.

2 Likes

I would of thought Cameron would still be too tied up with avatar sequel to give it all his energy, even just as producer.

Heā€™s also the person that guaranteed genesys would be brilliant

And whatā€™s the go with Arnie - looks like heā€™s winding down at cyborg acres retirement village.

Same I love the terminator franchise. Having James Cameron involved gives me a little bit of hope. Where was John Connor in this though?

Pretty sure this is supposed to be after T2, they arenā€™t acknowledging the other films

1 Like

I think heā€™s just waiting for the rights of the Terminator franchise to go back to him, hence the pump up of Genisys.

There was somewhere saying they are using Edward furlongs image digitally but how it all ties in is anyoneā€™s guess.

Now there is one of Hollywoodā€™s greatest tragedies

Iā€™ve looked around but canā€™t see the tragedy. What happened?

1 Like

Yeah, not really in peak Terminator-fighting condition, is he?

The problem is that T2 just had so much that since then thereā€™s really been nowhere further to go. Same with Aliens.