Australia’s Black History

Its an interesting position & in a way ties back in with our players & the saga. Should a sport be able to contractually remove a right afforded to everyone else? Can the AFL for example include a “no promotion of Islam” clause in Houli & Saad’s contract? I highly highly doubt many condemning Falau
Given that the whole crowd funding is to help pay for a legal challenge I don’t thinks its a given at this point to say his contract was very clear in what he could & couldn’t do. I’m happy to reconsider that position if anyone has the details of his contract but I would be extremely surprised if there is any specifics of “expressing basic christian beliefs” in his contract. Again, I’m not claiming any legal knowledge here but I’m leaning more towards your “bringing the game into disrepute” type of open to whatever they want it to be breach.

Again the other side of this is the ability for any employer to be able to force a suppression of an individual’s beliefs as a condition of employment. What if for example a person hired a homosexual but in their contract included a clause that they can’t tell anyone while they are in uniform &/or working that they are homosexual. Would you still believe thats ok & they can simply work somewhere else if they aren’t happy?