Australian Open 2016

Would actually pay to see a shout-off between Andy Murray and Serena Williams. Both could swallow the harbour bridge with ease.

Jesus Serena is annoying.

Jesus Serena is annoying Monolith..

She cannot possibly be fit. I mean, she moves like a Mack truck.

Cmon Kerber!

Kerber playing some extraordinary tennis.

We must be due for a Williams injury or carry on with the umpire soon

Kerber is one heck of a tennis player, she moves around the court brilliantly, she returns power for power and she is not easily shaken.

I have no finger nails left.

Good win kerber just did enough.

Strewth. Someone pinch me.

What an epic effort from Kerber. Cracking match.

Serena is a true champion and it took a performance resembling Nadal at his peak to beat her. ■■■■■■ hell, just kept getting ball after ball back and coming up with winners.

Strewth. Someone pinch me.

What an epic effort from Kerber. Cracking match.

indeed it was, all our fears were wrong, an truly great match to watch and not one sided.

Lol all the roids in the world and Kirby beats her. Well done Kirby. Cop that you greedy cheat.

Lol all the roids in the world and Kirby beats her. Well done Kirby. Cop that you greedy cheat.

I thoroughly enjoyed these comments, though I thought you could of gone much harder!

drug testers watching made her nervous.

I thoroughly enjoyed these comments, though I thought you could of gone much harder!

I’ll get banned again, so nup :smile:

Great result for the womens tour. She won it on merit rather than Williams just having a shocker.

If Tomic had half the heart of Hewitt he would be a fairly decent tennis player.

You display a limited understanding of tennis - Tomic is already a decent tennis player - You have to be decent to be number 17 - Tomic has admitted he needs to do more fitness work, but tries to overcome this by playing many tournaments - Tomic needs to realise this is not a panacea to overcome a lack of training - Tomic gets fitter and its a possibility he could make top 10 - Tomic still lacks mobility, especially when moving forward and he is not aggressive enough with his shot making - Tomic plays to far behind the baseline, though it was pleasing that he only played a metre behind the baseline against Murray, and attacked his shots which lead to 56 unforced errors - Tomic needs to accept a few more unforced errors in his game in the quest to get better. In saying this, my observation is that Tomic’s performance this Australian summer have been below his 2015 standard. Anyway its a long season and we can revisit Tomic at the end of 2016.

The Poo, Rafter and Newcombe all just said on C9 news that both Bernard and Nick need to get hangrier, need more heart and need more fitness. But you are completely right, I have a limited understanding of tennis, just like them.

You are struggling when you have to quote others to support an argument - Fact is you stated that if Tomic was hungrier he would a decent player - Fact is Tomic is already a decent player - Myself and others have pointed out flaws in Tomic’s game and i even posted Tomic’s admission ’ he needs to train harder ’ - It’s up to Tomic whether he trains harder, but this alone won’t necessarily improve the flaws in his game - It is a possibility that Tomic could be a regular top ten player ( though in the bottom reaches ) if everything goes right, though I doubt he can win a Slam.

These some commentators and their cohort claim Kyrgios is a certainty to win a slam - On pure ability, Kyrgios has a top 10 game but lacks mobility and court craft - I have my doubts whether being hungrier can translate to Kyrgios winning a slam. We will wait and see.

I believe that you over-rate Tomic and Kyrgios - I am more confident that Kokkinakis will be the best of the three players He has a more rounded game and greater mobility around the court - Anyway its pleasing that Australia has three players who could be top 10 - And along with Oliver Anderson winning the Boy’s single’s at the Aus Open it could be exciting times.

I’ll let you continue with slogans.

It was a good standard women’s final - There were two crucial factors in this game - How well Kerber returned Williams serve and the insanity of Kerber only making 13 unforced errors in three sets.

Joker and Murray final of 2015 was intense for 2 1/2 sets - Hopefully Murray can keep up the intensity for longer in 2016.